Ch. 10

⚠️Read at your own risk.⚠️

"It's all my fault

"It's all my fault... it's all my fault." I whispered to myself as I walked down the street, i was in pain, I felt like shit, and I wanted to fucking scream. I heard a car honk, and I jumped a little "Liv?" I turned my head slowly and saw Pope stopping his dad's truck in the middle of the road "Hey-hey Pope." I muttered wiping my nose with my sleeve "Why are you walking alone in the middle of the night?" He asked me and I cleared my throat "I was just- uh- I was just walking home from Kelce's party." I said and he got out of his truck and walked in front of me "Hey, Liv... what's wrong? What happened?" Pope asked and I shook my head "I'm fine... I'm totally fine." I said as my breathing got harder and I felt my eyes swell with tears. "Hey, it's okay... hey come here." Pope said and I pulled him in a tight hug as I began sobbing "Taylor is back, I was drunk and he- he did something terrible..." I cried.

"I tried to yell for help, but nobody came, I kept telling him no but he never stopped." I cried and he pulled away and looked at me.

"Why don't I take you home." "No... I- I can't go home. Not after what happened. They can't see me like this again." I told him and he frowned "What do you mean again?" Pope asked and I couldn't tell him, not now. Pope sighed "Okay. You can stay at my house for the night." Pope said and I nodded. "Thank you, Pope. I- I don't know what I'd do if you never found me." I told him and he pulled me into another hug "Your my friend, I'd do anything for you.... But what are you going to tell John B or JJ, you know they'll like... kill Taylor." "They can't know... I'll tell them when I'm ready." I said and he nodded.

In the morning, Pope explained to his parents that he saw me walking home from a friend's late last night and he wanted me to be safe. Honestly, I never slept any last night, I kept on thinking about what happened "Hey, we're meeting up with JB, Kie and JJ to test the drone." "Ok." I muttered then he handed me a hoodie. "Thanks."

We rode his dads' boat to the Château, and I sat behind Pope while he drove and fiddled with the ends of the strings on Pope's hoodie "So after we test the drone do you wanna help me with deliveries?" Pope asked and I shrugged "Sure

We rode his dads' boat to the Château, and I sat behind Pope while he drove and fiddled with the ends of the strings on Pope's hoodie "So after we test the drone do you wanna help me with deliveries?" Pope asked and I shrugged "Sure. I was gonna hang out with my mom, but I'll call her later, tell her I had some plans that came up." I said then he turned to me "So, what did you mean your parents couldn't see you like that again? What happened?" Pope asked me and I sighed "I can't... you might think of me differently." I told him and he frowned "You're one of my best friends, there's nothing that will make me think that." Pope smiled and I nodded. "Okay." I said then took a deep breath "You remember the year I was gone, I told you guys I was boarding school?" I said and he nodded.