Ch. 52

I laid on the bed trying to sleep but I couldn't, I kept on thinking about how to get away from Nathan and find my siblings.

I opened them for a second to look at Rafe, he always looked peaceful whenever he tried to sleep, I always admired him a bit. Kiara was still up and moved from the bed to the window and tapped on it "Kie, what are you doing?" I asked and she asked for the guard to get Singh. I frowned looking at Rafe as he got up from where he was sleeping "Hey, go get Mr. Singh." Kiara tapped the glass then moved to the door and started knocking.

"What are you doing? Kie?" "Don't talk to me!" She yelled and knocked on the door me.

"Kie, please at least tell me your plan." I muttered and she sighed "I'm going to talk to Mr. Singh maybe get some help. You stay here." Kiara said and I got anxious. "Please... Please, don't leave me in here. Don't leave me alone." "I'll be back I promise. I'll be back." Kiara said and the guard took her to Singh and locked us in again. I leaned my head against the door and I heard Rafe yell "Shit!" I flinched then closed my eyes for a second and focused on my breathing.

"Liv, I'm glad you're okay." I held my hand up for him to stop talking.

"Where is my siblings, Rafe? What did you and Nathan done with them?" I questioned as I turned to him and he frowned.

"What are you talking about? You're siblings weren't even on the boat!" He told me and i frowned.

"And your father..."

"He is not my father."

He held his hand up in defense.

"I'm Sorry..." he said and I rolled my eyes.

"Look, Nathan bolted once we got to Guadalupe. Haven't seen him since now, and you're siblings weren't on the boat. They're back in OBX with Lana. I over heard Rose talking about giving all rights over to Lana Grubbs." Rafe told me and my eyes widened.

"All this time Nathan was telling me lies! I have been going crazy, and loosing sleep worrying about my siblings who wasn't even on the boat!!!" I yelled and he just looked at me.

"I'm sorry he lied to you..." "Ha! That's not even the half of it, he's a liar, a cheat, and a monster." I told Rafe and he frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you even know what he did to my mom?"

"What he did to me?" I asked.

I felt tears form in my eyes as Rafe just shrugged "He Sexually Assaulted her, abused her, abused me as a child! I started cutting myself because of him! Because of Taylor!" Because of you. I wanted to say but I couldn't. Rafe's expression changed, he was actually listening, not that he wasn't listening before but actually listening.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know about that." Rafe huffed and I shook my head. "I wouldn't expect you to... I hid my scars very well... the only one who knew was JJ and John B was suspicious, they saw the cuts and the bruises." I told him and I paced back and forth.

"Look, I have to get out of here... I have to get back to OBX, I- I need my siblings." I told him as I turned on my heels to see Taylor there then my breathing got heavy "Liv, it's okay. Just take it easy." He said and I shook my head as the room got blurry "I can't- I can't breathe... Rafe, I-" I held my chest and frowned "My chest hurts and I- I can't breathe! I can't!" "Liv, just calm down. You're having a panic attack." He said and he held each side of my face in his hands. "I'm right here, Liv. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." He said not knowing what to do but he cleared his throat and suddenly he leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine. I finally relaxed then pulled away slowly and looked up at him "Why did you do that?" "I saw it somewhere in a show, I didn't know if it would work or not." Rafe said and I nodded "Oh." I muttered and I looked at Rafe again then this time I leaned in and pulled him in a kiss. I don't know what came over me but I wanted to kiss him, I wanted this. I pushed Rafe on the bed, his hand roamed from my neck to my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss, all my feelings melted away. Right now I actually miss his long hair.

"Please don't hurt them." I heard and the door opened when me and Rafe pulled away from each other and the guard pushed Kiara inside and then locked the door, Kiara sat on the bed and i frowned. "Kie? Kie, What happened? Is he going to let us go?" I asked and Kiara sighed "I was going to convince him to let me go..." "You go? Wait... You- you were going to use us for collateral?!?" I questioned and she shook her head realizing what she said. "I'm sorry, I was going to come back for you after I got help!" Kiara yelled and I nodded sarcastically "Yeah, sure you were." I muttered and scoffed. Kiara sat on the bed and buried her head in her hands, i on the other hand was pacing trying not to blow my top.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

"You know, You're gonna have to talk to me at some point. Okay?" Rafe said and Kiara scoffed "Do I have to remind you of everything you've done?" Kiara said and Rafe sighed "You killed Peterkin.... Do you remember that? And everything you've put Sarah through. And Liv." She said and I stopped then looked at the ground. "Peterkin, I was protecting my father. Okay? I did what I had to, so... don't." Rafe said and I closed my eyes trying not to think of Peterkin. "I'm as much a victim as she is..." he said and we both frowned "No? Think about it. Okay? What did I get from shooting Peterkin, huh? Nothing. Okay? I had nothing against her. I mean, I... I... I liked her." Rafe said and he looked at me then back to Kie. "You think I wanted to make that choice, huh? What I did was a gift from me to my father for... for him, and I got screwed because of it, okay? So don't get that look when I say I'm a victim, all right? I am!" Rafe yelled and I flinched and Rafe noticed and held up his hands.

"I will admit, though, what I... what I did to Sarah... what I tried to do, um... what I tried to do to Sarah and you, I admit that was wrong. I know that. All right?" Rafe said and I nodded "So you don't have to remind me." Rafe sobbed and he began slapping the side of his head and I grabbed his hand "Rafe..." I muttered and Kiara frowned "Oh God." "She was family. I should've never touched her, you know? I should've never touched her, but, you know, I just lose control in moments like that, and I don't know what happened. I'm trying... I'm trying to get better." Rafe said and I nodded "Yeah." "Okay? You know what it doesn't matter. All I'm saying is just that I'm not the bad guy you think I am, okay?" Rafe said to Kiara and she just looked at me.

"But even if I was, even if I was just, like, bad Rafe Cameron or something... you got no choice. You may... you may not want to trust me, okay, but I'm your best bet." Rafe said and cleared his throat "Look. I got a boat that can get us off island, okay? But first, we gotta get out of here, and it is better if we work together." He told us and we heard a vehicle approach the mansion and i frowned.

I looked out the window to see the guards getting ready to leave and Rafe came up behind me "They're leaving?" "They're going to find John B and your sister." Kiara told him and he nodded "Sucks for them. That's good for us though. This may be our only shot at getting out of here." Rafe said and I sighed "How?" I questioned and he looked away for a second then sighed.

"Do you trust me?" Rafe asked and I looked at Kiara then back to Rafe.

"Yes."

"How are you at faking?"