Ch. 5

"I thought the Château looked bad

"I thought the Château looked bad." JJ said and I smirked "This place is a shit show." "Motel or meth lab?" Kiara muttered and I sighed "Creepy..." "You be the judge." Pope said and I looked to John B. "Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B said and I shook my head "Not at all" "No. Looks like a place someone with a Grady-White would get killed." Pope said and I agreed with him

"All right. Here we go." "This is your captain speaking. HMS Pogue comin' in for landing." JJ said in an accent which made me laugh. "All right. Here goes nothin'." John B muttered and I jumped off the boat "Uh what are you doing?" JJ asked and I frowned "I'm coming with you guys." I told him and he scoffed "Um, no, you're definitely not coming." "She can come." John B said and I smiled widely.

"Hey..." Pope muttered getting our attention and we turned to him "Yeah?" "Don't let him do anything stupid." he told us, and I nodded "Oh, we will." "I'm not making promises." JJ and John B both said, and I sighed "I think I can handle them..." "Yeah, I know." Pope said and Kiara stepped in front of John B "Uh, be careful... I mean it." she told him and me and JJ shared a look. "Yeah.... Let's go." John B told us, and I followed behind him and JJ.

"Why are all these mattresses out?" "After a hurricane, they ditch 'em 'cause they're moldy." JJ explained and I frowned in disgust "Eww." "Just be so careful, John." JJ imitated Kie and being all handsy with John B then tried to grab me. I quickly pulled away like a reflex, I rolled my eyes then kept walking behind them "God, you're so weird." "What was that about?" JJ questioned and John B shrugged "I don't know. Maybe she wants us to be careful." "Since she heard you're being threatened with exile, she's just been, like, "Oh! Be so careful, John B." JJ imitated Kiara and I chuckled as he pulled John B close to him. "Get off." "Oh, give me that John D already." Like when are you gonna swoop on that, man?" JJ questioned and I rolled my eyes "Bro, you know the rule. No Pogue-on-Pogue macking... You're the one always hitting on her." John B told him, and I looked to the ground, of course he flirts with her, I mean Kiara's gorgeous and I'm not, but it doesn't matter because I have Rafe. "Of course, I'm hitting on her. She's a super-hot, rich, hippie chick slumming it with us. Why? I can't figure it out either, but who cares, bro?" JJ said and I crossed my arms then looked out towards the parking lot. "I know that door's locked because I've tried it. Have you?" "You need help... Not a little help, you need a lot of help. It's like every girl who just has a heartbeat, you're like... "Uhh!" John B groaned and JJ looked back at me and smirked.

"What? It's not a big deal." JJ told John B and I frowned "Well... uh, you know I would never do anything with Liv, because she's your cousin... and all." JJ said and I rolled my eyes. John B looked up at the door and we all stopped. "Twenty-nine... This is it." John B said and I grabbed the key from him "God, let's just get this over with..." I groaned and they both scoffed "Okay..." "geez." The boys muttered and JJ knocked on the door "Housekeeping." He said in a loud pitch and no one answered, "Should we try it?" John B asked and I nodded "Yeah." JJ muttered then said something in Spanish "No power. No security cameras. No one's gonna know." "Huh. Okay." JJ opened the door after i unlocked it, and the room was dark but was partly lit by the sun coming through the windows.