Ch. 20

I sat in between JJ's legs as he played with my hair but he grabbed his bag then pulled out the gun and some ammo which made me uneasy "We go in there, gun a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámon...

I sat in between JJ's legs as he played with my hair but he grabbed his bag then pulled out the gun and some ammo which made me uneasy "We go in there, gun a-blazin', make Ward Cameron beg for mercy, abscond with as much gold as possible and vámonos, get the hell out of there." "Down the Intracoastal." JJ and John B said and I looked at my lap and fiddled with my thumbs. "Wait for weather." "Exit to Cuba." Kie and Pope muttered and i frowned "Cuba? No, man, Xcalak, Jewel of the Yucatan. Lobsters so thick, mangoes, and no word for money." JJ said and i thought of my family, I can't just leave my siblings or my dad, but we can't just let Ward take what we found.

"Let's do this shit." John B said and Kiara looked at me "Hey, you okay? You haven't said anything since we left." She asked and I sighed "I know we have to get the gold but I- I can't leave my family. I mean there just kids and they need me here." I told them and John B looked back for a second then continued down the road. "Look we'll figure it out as we go, I get that you don't wanna leave Frankie and the twins. But we'll figure it out." John B said and I nodded.

We ran to the gate and I looked out to see Ward's plane "What's the plan? Broad strokes." "I don't think we got that far." John B told Kiara and i frowned as Pope looked through the binoculars. "They're loading up the gold." He said and handed the binoculars to John B. "There's Ward." He said and frowned "It's Sarah." "She's with him?" Pope questioned and i frowned then grabbed the binoculars to look, I saw Sarah looked confused and i frowned as I saw Ward pulling her towards the plane. "Guys, he's hurting her." I muttered and we heard Sarah screaming "What?" Kiara and JJ both asked and John B grabbed the binoculars back "They're fighting." I told them and John B flung the binoculars "Holy shit. Liv, c'mon!" John B yelled running to the Twinkie and I turned but JJ stopped me "I have to, JJ. She's my best friend, I need to go." "Liv, wait!" JJ came closer to me and held each side of my face as he pulled me into a deep kiss. We pulled away and he smiled down at me "Just in case..." JJ muttered and I nodded then hopped into the Twinkie with John B and we crashed through the gate. "Did JJ just kiss you?" John B questioned as he stepped on the gas and I nodded "Yeah, he uh he did." I said and he smiled at me but then pulled up to the plane "John B!" "Hold on!" He yelled and we were right by the plane "Get off the run way!" Ward yelled and John B sped up then stopped in front of the plane, but Ward kept coming for us, I closed my eyes waiting for the crash but all I heard was tired screeching then we stopped. I opened my eyes to see Ward's plane stopped, John B hugged me then we both got out "Sarah!" "John B! Liv!" Sarah yelled and Ward climbed out of the plane "Are you trying to kill her?!? Trying to get us killed?" "I need the gold!" Ward and John B yelled and Sarah came running out of the plane. "No! No! No! No! John B! John B, you're okay. I..." Sarah sobbed and Ward tried pulling her away from him "Get away from him." "No! Don't touch me!" Sarah growled and I pulled her behind me "And don't tell me what to do." "You're done Ward." I muttered as I heard sirens and he frowned.

JJ

I watched as John B and Olivia was in front of Ward with Sarah and I was worried with Olivia, we heard sirens and I looked at Pope and Kie "Guys, I can't get arrested." "I'm on probation... Damn It!" I sighed and looked at Olivia in the distance who was clinging to Sarah "Look, we're no good if we're all in jail." Kie told us and I nodded "Come on." Pope muttered pulling me back and I sighed in defeat.