Ch. 22

The Wreck

The Wreck

Once we got to the Wreck I saw JJ looking out up at the stars, I told him about the constellations, my favorite was Orion "Liv?" I heard and I saw Pope and I held my finger up to shush him, I pointed to Frankie sleeping with her head on my shoulders. Kiara and JJ followed Pope out and they frowned "Why? Why do you have your brothers and Sister with you?" Kiara asked and I sighed "We can't go home." Robbie told them and they looked down at him and I sighed "Robbie, Julian you guys go in." I told them and they nodded, Frankie stayed sound asleep in my arms and I finally broke down

"Liv what's wrong? Is it John B? Did they catch him?" JJ asked and I shook my head "My dad and my grandfather are dead... Ward shot them." I said and there eyes widened, shocked at the news. We went inside and made the booths into beds, I laid Frankie down and I rubbed my neck

"Hey you alright?" JJ asked and snacked his arms around my waist from behind and I sighed "I just can't believe my father and my grandfather is dead. I even saw my grandfather take his last breathe right in front of me." I muttered as I laid my head on his shoulder. "Ward killed my uncle, he killed my father and he killed my grandfather... he's going to pay for what he has taken from my family." I said and JJ turned me around so I was facing him "Olivia, your in shock right now... If you confront him, who's to say that he'll kill you." JJ said and I rolled my eyes "Not unless I kill him first." I said and he frowned "Okay, now you're not sounding like yourself- your starting to sound a lot like me." JJ said and I chuckled "Who cares JJ, I'll die trying..." "Liv do you hear yourself right now? You'll die." JJ said and I sighed then walked out of the restaurant.

"I don't care, JJ." I told JJ and he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back "Well, I do! And so do your siblings... You have your brothers and sisters to look after now, they are your responsibility... What will happen to them if you get arrested or killed? They'll be put through DCS just like John B, they might even get separated."

"And Kiara and Pope? They'll be devastated... And me?" JJ stopped and scoffed.

"I'll go out of my mind! I love you, Olivia! I have been in love with you since we met in the third grade! I love the way that you are so nice to everyone even when they have wronged you, I love your smile, your laugh, and I don't know what I'll do if something bad happens to you!" JJ yelled and I had tears in my eyes. "You- you love me?" I asked and he nodded "I love you and maybe someday I hope you and I could build a happy family." JJ said and I shook my head. "I- I can't do this JJ, not, not right now."

"Hey, Liv? Frankie's asking for you." Kiara said and I sighed "Continue this later?" "Yeah." JJ scoffed then looked at Kie who was confused of the vibe. "What happened?" she asked and wiped my tears away then walked in to see Pope sitting next to Frankie while she was crying "Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong?" I asked and she pulled me into a tight hug "I had a bad dream that you left." Frankie cried and I looked up at JJ, kie and Pope "I'm never leaving you guys, never." I said and pulled away from her, I held her hand then held out my other to Robbie and Julian and they walked over to us and I pulled them into a big hug "I'm going to protect you guys no matter what, no one's going to separate us... I love you guys." I cried then looked up at my friends while they smiled down at us. "Okay, you guys need some rest... come on let's go lay in the booths." I told them and Kie helped my use some rolls of napkins for pillows and I used my jacket for a blanket for Frankie, Robbie and Julian were covered with their blanket they took from Mrs Gibsons. I had Frankie lying back on my chest and I moved my head over to look at JJ who was staring at us.