Ch. 51

The door opened and my father came in with a guard "Olivia, it's time we talk

The door opened and my father came in with a guard "Olivia, it's time we talk." He said and I took a step back and shook my head.

"No."

"Well... I'm not taking no for an answer." He said grabbing my arm then smirked down at me making Rafe and Kiara aware and cautious. "She said no. So, I'd let go of her arm and back the hell up if I were you." He said and a guard pushed Rafe back into the wall and punching him in the face.

My eyes widened with fear "Stop! Stop! Fine. I'll talk... just don't hurt him." I told him and looked to Kie and I nodded "I'll be fine." I said then looked to the guard who let Rafe go and I gently grabbed his arm.

"I'll be okay." I told him and he stared at my dad but I held the side of his face then pulled his face towards me making him look at me.

"Rafe... it's okay." I said and nodded.

"Let's talk..." I turned to Nathan

"Father and daughter time." I said and the guard grabbed my arm and pulled me out the door.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Flashback - Twelve years ago

It was a normal afternoon for Five year old Olivia, just watching tv and enjoying her afternoon snack. Madelyn Routledge was cleaning the kitchen about to get dinner ready until her husband Nathan Wilcox came barging into the house kicking everything around.

All Olivia could hear is screams of her mother from the kitchen pleading to her husband then next thing he came in throwing furniture around and Olivia went running around the corner of the hallway.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Present

I followed my father to the study where we talked with Singh and he went over to the mini bar pouring himself two drinks.

The guard forced me on the chair and I glared at him.

"Look, I am sorry I acted that way on the Coastal Venture... I'm still working on my anger issues." Nathan said coming over with two glasses of bourbon, his specialty.

"I don't drink." I muttered.

"Hmm... suit yourself."

He took a sip and I sighed "So this Diary... I know you two don't have it... but you know where it is." He told me and I frowned.

"I don't know where it is. And i thought this was bonding time not an interrogation." I muttered.

Nathan smirked. He took another sip of his bourbon.

"Remember that day I came home, throwing the furniture around... I was just laid off from work at the time. That was the last time I was drunk."

"Hmm what I remember from that day was my father beating the crap out of my mother, then me. After you left mom took me and ran. We never looked back and stayed with Mrs. Lana until she met Chris." I told him and he nodded.

"Called you as his own." Nathan said and I nodded. "Yeah, he treated me like his own daughter. He adopted me when I was 10." I told him and he smiled.

"It's great that you had him, a shame that I had to shoot him and his father." Nathan said smiling.

I think I stopped breathing for a second and processed what he just said. I looked at him like he was insane, which he is, he just confessed to killing Chris and Chet and I blamed Ward.

"Wow, I wasn't expecting that..."

I noticed Taylor leaning up against the wall behind my father.

"What?"

"Yeah, it was me." He told me and I kept my stare on him, he looked proud of what he did.

Ward was telling the truth, he didn't kill Chris.

"You killed my dad?"

"He was not your dad, I am your dad!" He yelled standing up and lunging at me grabbing me by my neck then pushing me towards the wall.

"I'm your father! I am the only family you have!" Nathan yelled hitting the wall above me. Singh came in and gripped his shoulders "Relax now, Nathaniel." I glared at Nathan as Singh pulled him off me, in that moment I did the bravest thing I could do.

"Family? You are nothing but blood... John B is my family, Kiara and Sarah are my family, Rafe... is my family! You, you will never be family." I told him and he straightened up then started chucking. "Blood is thicker than water." He muttered and he looked at one of the guard and nodded for him to take grab me.

The guard brought me back to the room and both Rafe and Kiara looked at me "Liv." Rafe whispered and I ran into his arms hugging him tightly. I started sobbing into his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair "It's okay Liv. I'm here." Rafe held my head in his hands and examined me seeing the bruise starting to form on my neck and he frowned. "I swear I'm going to kill him."

"No! ...no, please. Just. Just hold me, Rafe." I cried and he looked me in the eyes, seeing the fear and the exhaustion in them. He gave in and pulled me back into a hug, I looked at Kiara and she gave me a small sympathetic smile.

"Um why don't you wash up, it might help you feel better." Kiara told me and I nodded "Ok... um I know you two don't see eye to eye but I'm glad to have you both here right now... even if we are held hostage together." I said and they smiled but when they looked at each other Kiara frowned, I knew she still hated him and part of me hates him too for all the shit he's done to my friends. But deep down I still love him, part of me always have.

Kiara

Liv closed the door and once I heard the shower turn on I sighed "God when I get out of here, I am going to take down Nathan." I muttered and Rafe chuckled "Good luck..." "Look, Liv might still have feelings for you but I will never forget you almost tried to kill her." I told him and sat on the bed.

Olivia

The hot water felt good on my skin, being stuck on an island for a month or so I forgot how amazing it felt. I closed my eyes for a second and relaxed myself.

Don't get too comfy.

I frowned as I heard Taylor's voice and I opened my eyes.

You still have to get out of your father's grip.

I rinsed myself off then got out of the shower drying myself off and putting on a silk pj set. I walked out of the room to see Rafe and Kiara turn to me, I just stood there quiet then laid down on the bed facing away from them and closed my eyes.