Ch. 42

I tried to find something to cut the ropes with but there was nothing, I felt the truck stop and i frowned

I saw Rafe and limbrey's henchmen open the door and I saw Limbrey "Olivia?" She mumbled and frowned in confusion but she looked at the cross and smiled. "I don't believe it." "I told you I'd get it for you, didn't I?" He told her and I looked at Rafe as he was looking at me.

"Before we do this, I just wanna remind you of the deal, okay?" Rafe said and Limbrey scoffed "You really are your father's son, aren't you? Talking about deals at a moment like this." She said and he sighed. "I showed you the mural. I get my cut." He said and she nodded "The deal is as we discussed, Rafe." Limbrey told him and he nodded "It better be." "You'll get your cut."

I glared at them as they uncovered the cross and Limbrey admired it "So beautiful... Inside this cross is the shroud. And whoever touches the hem of the garment... shall be healed." She said and i frowned. She took out the key from her pocket and kissed it "It's time for a miracle." She chuckled and I rolled my eyes, I think she's taking this miracle thing too seriously.

She inserted the key turning it but was having trouble "Here. Let me help you get it." "No! It's meant for a Limbrey." She said pushing him away, me and Rafe looked at each other and I looked at Limbrey smile and when she opened it her smile faded and a moth came flying out.

I frowned and I noticed devastated she was "Hmm. The magic scarf was eaten by bugs." Rafe muttered and the guy laughed but Limbrey hit him with her cane. "How dare you mock me!" She grunted and the guy pushed her down to the ground and i frowned "Hey, hey, hey!" "Easy, Carla." He said and I tried to get the ropes off while they were distracted.

"That's it. You're cut off. You're not getting a penny." "I don't need your money. I've got the cross now. Come on, Rafe. Help me." I heard them and I stopped fiddling with the ropes and I saw Rafe hesitate and looked at me. "Don't worry. You'll still get your cut. Come on." "Renfield!" Limbrey yelled and they tried to put the cross back inside.

"Renfield, get over here. Help me up." "Help you up? You're lucky I don't back up over you." Renfield said and I frowned "Rafe, you- you gotta help her. Please." I begged and suddenly Renfield slapped me "Quiet!" He yelled and Rafe shouted "Woah! Relax!" He pushed him away from me and I panted.

Moments later I heard a gunshot then screamed in terror, I looked up to see Limbrey holding a gun up and I heard Renfield gasping for his life. I looked at Rafe to see if he was alive and it was only Renfield who was shot and I sighed in relief.

Rafe turned back to look at Renfield and then he looked at me seeing my scared look on my face.

"Rafe... Don't just stand there with your mouth open. Help me up. Rafe." Limbrey said and Rafe sighed looking at me again.

"Rafe! He wasn't a good man. Rafe, he's not one of us. Come on." Limbrey said and he walked over to Limbrey. I turned my head slightly to see Renfield take his last breath and I quickly looked away back at Rafe and Limbrey.