Ch. 40

We got to the Marina and Luke got out "Hey, why don't you tell your mom and dad hi?" Luke said looking at me and I felt rage. "Shut up." JJ pushed him back and I sighed "Make it quick." I told him and he nodded "Come on." "Hey, Luke." I muttered then he turned around and I gave him the finger and smiled. He lunged for me but JJ pushed him back, as they walked to the boat my smile faded.

Kie must of seen my expression because she turned around in her seat "Hey, don't listen to him. Okay?" She said and I looked at her through the mirror and I nodded.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

JJ

"Did you have to do that? Did you have to go after her like that?" I told my dad and he sighed "I told her the truth. She didn't like it... Your girls a real charmer." My dad said and I shook my head.

"Everything, hmm. Everything I have, you fricking ruin."

"I don't try to. Just happens naturally." My dad told me as I was turning on the boat and the engine sputtered. I went to the deck and sighed "You got a full tank of gas..." I saw him put some pill bottles in a cabinet and I frowned "but I reckon that's only gonna get you to Jacksonville. You got money for gas, right?" I asked and he chuckled.

"What do you think? Yeah, no. I'll figure it out." He said and I dug through my wallet to find a picture of Liv I stuck in it. I started at the picture and sighed, I put her picture back the found some dollars and one $20 bill.

"Dad." I held it out to him and he sighed, he took it and I went to walk off the boat but he pulled me back "Hey. Come here, Son. Come here." He muttered pulling me closer and placing a hand at my side of my face "I know I could've been better." "I hadn't exactly been perfect either." I told him.

"Well, hey, perfect don't matter. You got a good heart... you proved it by standing up for your girl." He told me and I moved toward the door way but he stopped me.

"No, no. Come on. Can't let it end like this. I'm going to Yucatán. I might never be coming back. It'll all work out." He said and I shook my head "No, it's not... But maybe in the next life." I said whimpering and he sighed "Come on, J. Don't be like that." He said and I hugged him one last time.

I sighed "Take care, Dad, okay?" I sniffled then got off the boat but not before grabbing the pill bottles.

I watched him sail away and I heard two sets of footsteps, I turned to see the girls and I sighed putting the bottles in the little trash can.

"You okay?" Liv asked and I nodded "Yeah, I'm okay... he's officially gone." I told her and she noticed the tears welling in my eyes.

"Oh, JJ." She muttered and pulled me into a hug and I tightened my arms around her waist. "I love you." I told her and she pulled away "I love you, too." She said and pulled me into a hug "C'mon the others might be wondering what happened to us." I said and Kiara nodded, i wrapped my arms around Liv and Kie's shoulders then we walked back to the truck.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Olivia

We finally got back to the Twinkie and JJ beeped the horn "Look who it is, the tortoise, the tortoise, and the tortoise and
Just a couple hours late. Where the hell were you guys?" Pope questioned and I sighed "Paternal complications." "Luke was at the Chateau." JJ said getting the truck ready to pull the Twinkie out of the water.

"Oh, great! While you were having family time with your pops, John B got bit by a gator." Pope yelled and i frowned "Wait, what?" "Like, for real?" JJ said and Sarah scoffed "Does it look like we're joking?"

"Okay, what the hell happened?"

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!" "He got bit by a gator!" They all yelled at us and Kiara frowned "I dunno why I'm being yelled at..." "You're being yelled at
because it was an hour-" They yelled and I frowned "We got here as fast as we could." I yelled and they just kept yelling.

"Shut up!" JJ yelled making me flinch "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second." He said and laughed.

"Look, I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, 'Bon voyage.' " he said and I frowned

"That's not the right language." I muttered then JJ sighed. "All we got... And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it. And I've come too close to losing you, all of you." JJ said and I looked to the ground.

"I mean, shit, like you almost drowned. Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. John B, you were almost dinner
for a freaking gator, bro. And Liv you were three for three... So, this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right?" He said and I nodded.

"We don't do that. Okay? We're Pogues... Sorry, that was a lot right now. I didn't mean to..." JJ stopped and we all looked at each other and smirked. We clapped together, that speech was very good even for JJ.

"Yeah. All right."

"Well-done."

"I gotta be honest. That was the best freaking speech you have ever given. Also, you should think about, like, a Rosetta Stone because your Spanish and French are flip-flopped." John B said and I nodded "Such a good speech babe." I muttered and chuckled.

"We should bon voyage out of here." Sarah shouted and I laughed "Let's get out of this water because it's getting disgusting." I told them and JJ smirked.

"All right, let's get this damn Twinkie out of here." JJ said and we attach the winch and started Pulling the Twinkie out from the water.

"Keep it coming. Keep her coming. She's almost out." JJ yelled as Kiara drove my dad's truck and I drove the Twinkie. "Keep it going. Easy! Easy! Easy! Liv, to the right." JJ instructed me and i nodded "Straighten out." "I am!" I yelled and we got it out of the water completely.

"Whoo! The Twinkie lives!" JJ yelled and me and Sarah cheered "The Twinkie lives! Let's go, boy!" JJ cheered and we all hopped in and I followed behind Kiara.