Ch. 21

John B and I ran to my house and I opened the door "Dad? Dad, you here?!? Grandpa?" I yelled looking throughout the house and I frowned "Where are they?" I questioned and John B shrugged "I don't know but It's strangely quiet in here

John B and I ran to my house and I opened the door "Dad? Dad, you here?!? Grandpa?" I yelled looking throughout the house and I frowned "Where are they?" I questioned and John B shrugged "I don't know but It's strangely quiet in here." He told me and I nodded "Dad?" I muttered and I opened the door to my dad's study and I gasped at the horror in front of me, my own father was shot in the shoulder and gut then my grandfather was shot in the chest "No, no, no, no.... Dad, dad please no.... wake up. Please, please don't leave me." I started crying and fell to my knees "Please... don't leave me..." "Olivia..." I heard and I looked up to see my grandfather was still breathing.

"Grandpa!" I gasped and I ripped part of my shirt and held it tight to his wound "Hey, it's okay... I'll call an ambulance for you." I said and he just grabbed my hand "Your dad was so proud of you... and I am too and I know your mother was too... Ward was just too dangerous, too many powerful friends, you two need to be careful..." my grandfather made out and his breathing became coarse "John B, promise me. You'll keep your cousin safe... Keep the kids safe." He told him and John B nodded "I will, I promise..." John B muttered and I held my grandfathers hand tight as he took his last breathe and I sobbed "No.." I cried then John B pulled me into him hugging me tightly. "Liv, we can't stay here..." John B said but I shook my head "No! I can't- I can't leave him... No!" "We have to go, I'm sorry but we have to go." John B told me and I inhaled sharply then nodded, we grabbed some things then we went to the garage and got to my dads truck but I saw some cops "Shit!" John B muttered and I pulled him behind the truck "I think I have an idea... you run and I can draw them off, I can say that you were going to the cut or something." I told him and he shook his head "No, Liv. I promised Chet I'd keep you safe. I'm not gonna let you get caught or killed for me." John B said and I sighed "Well we have to think of something, hide somewhere because if they haven't already there going to come here and search my house." I told him and he nodded "Good point. Come on, follow me." John B said and we ran down the street and saw a garage opened "In here." John B said then we ran in, John B turned off the lights and I clicked the garage door closed. We sat under a table and John B pulled me close in a tight hug and I laid my head on his shoulder "I can't believe their dead... First my mom, then Peterkin and now my dad and grandpa... What am I going to do about my sister and brothers?" I muttered but we heard a walkie-talkie static and John B held his hand over my mouth and shushed me "It will be okay, Livy." John B told me and I nodded.

I looked at my leg and I saw it was bleeding "Oh shit." John B muttered as I hissed in pain and he examined it "Looks like the bullet just grazed you but we need to find something... Come on... in here." John B pulled me inside the house and I frowned, it looked familiar to me, I looked up at the wall to see a picture and in it was Kelce. "Shit... John B, wait. We can't stay here." I told him and I followed him until he stopped, I looked up to see Kelce eating cereal and my eyes widened "John B... Olivia?" Kelce muttered and I held up my hands in defense "Hey, man... Listen to me. We need your help." "John B." Kelce said and he saw my bleeding leg and panicked more. "Just listen to me for a second. Relax." "Man, what are you doin' here? Liv?" Kelce said and I sighed "I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." John B said and Kelce nodded "Man, I know what you did. And you hurt Liv." "Please listen to me." John B said and I shook my head "Kelce, he didn't hurt me. He's my family." "Get out of my house!" Kelce yelled not listening to us. "I didn't do it. Just listen." "Please Listen" we both pleaded and he shook his head "Don't talk to me. I know what you did. Get outta my house!" He yelled and he grabbed a knife "Just listen to me. I didn't do it." "Kelce, put the Knife down." I told him and he shook his head "You just invaded the homeland, bro. I'm warnin' you." "Put it down." John B pulled me back "You need to get the hell outta my house right now." Kelce yelled and we started running "Hey!" "John B in here!" I yelled pointing to the laundry room and I closed the door behind us locking it.