Bad caretaker - KageHina

Sick person : Kageyama
Caretaker : Hinata

(Kageyama wakes up sick, Hinata doesn't really know what to do, falls asleep in a panic and Kageyama has to look after himself, but eventually Hinata looks after him)

3rd person POV

"Kageyaaaamaaa, wake uppp." Hinata says, a bit like a child but he can't help it, he's too excited to spend the weekend with Kageyama. Kageyama on the other hand opens his eyes, imidiantly closing them from the pulsing  behind his eyes and ache wrapping around his head.

Hinata jumps up and down on the bed a few more times and Kageyama groans, "Hina.." Kageyama can't deal with this right now, he feels a second away from gagging. "Come on Kageyama wake up, you said we could go for a jog." Hinata half wines but is confused as to why Kageyama won't get up, he's usually not that hard to wake up.

"Hinata my head really hurts can you be quiet?" Kageyama tells Hinata, who is stunned. Hinata shuts up and his smile is now gone. "I'm sorry Yama.." Hinata apologises quietly, the volume not suiting him at all. Kageyama can hear the wobble in Hinata's voice, great now he's upset. Kageyama is thankful that Hinata is no longer bouncing and jostling his body, which made his stomach turn dangerously.

But the last thing he wanted to do was make Hinata feel guilty. Kageyama sat up, turning his body so that he's facing Hinata, he has to blink a few times for the room to stop spinning but now he can see the shine in Hinata's eyes, sparkly with tears. "Hey no Hinata— It's not your fault, I just–" Kageyama squeezes his eyes shut and swallows hard. "–don't feel good." Hinata sniffles and tries to compose himself.

Hinata nods to himself before resting a hand on Kageyama's arm, pulling away when he felt the heat coming from him. "Kageyama, you're buring up?" Hinata says, putting his hand on Kageyama's forehead, still feeling the unnatural warmth.

Hinata leaves to get a thermometer, coming back at insane speeds and sticking the device in Kageyama's ear. The contraption beeps. "38.8°C (101.84°F)..." Hinata says out loud. Hinata grabs his phone, frantically searching. Hinata's eyes widen as he sees the words high fever and hospital being paired together too many times than wanted.

"No no no, ugh, this is all my fault. I should've just let you sleep– or woke you up in a nicer way or–" Kageyama presses a long finger to Hinata's lips, shushing the boy. "Hinata.. calm down, I'm okay and It's not your fault." Kageyama gently holds Hinata, who quickly wipes a tear that glides down one of his cheeks.

Kageyama massages Hinata's scalp, ruffling the hair every now and then. Before he knows it Hinata is asleep, mouth open and everything. Kageyama lays Hinata down on the bed and gets up. The affect gravity has on Kageyama's body makes him haul himself to the bathroom, dropping to his knees in front of the toilet.

Kageyama starts violently heaving up last night's dinner into the toilet. It burns coming up and leaves a taste in his mouth that just makes him gag again, starting another cycle.

Kageyama can't keep his eyes open because of the light coming through the small window, sweat is making his hair stick to his forehead and shirt to his back. Next time Hinata gets nervous sickness Kageyama will make sure to be more sympathetic because this sucks.

Kageyama's hands shake and his knees wobble with how weak he is but he manages to flush the toilet and get himself sitting on the closed, toilet lid. He takes a few breathers and ties his hair up with a hair tie lying on the vanity.

He stands up and splashes his face with water, it feels nice on his face but his body is still sticky and gross. His throat is so parched and his lips are chapped so it motivates him to go back to the bedroom to take a long— probably too long of a sip out his water bottle. It sooths his throat and for a split second he doesn't feel as hot as before.