Overworked - BokuAkaKuroKen

Sick person : Kuroo
Caretaker : Akaashi, Kenma, Bokuto

(Kuroo overworks himself to the point where he faints and makes himself sick)

3rd person POV

Being a leader comes with responsibilities. It's hard work and a lot more hours. They don't even get any benefits from being a leader. Leaders come in all sorts of forms, Kuroo's case being the captain of a volleyball team. Kuroo is proud to have the title as captain and hopes he does a good job at it.

Although Kuroo can make some silly mistakes, he's not perfect, he's a teenager-what can you expect? All that matters is that you learn from your mistakes and try not make them again.

Kuroo has been overworking himself and he doesn't even realise-can you call that a mistake? It depends how you think about it. Kuroo hadn't meant to stay behind at practice for so long that it was almost morning the next day, he hadn't meant to be working out the gym twice as long as usual, he hadn't meant to block out his boyfriends and spend it instead at a volleyball court.

All these things he didn't mean to do added onto the already-huge pile of stress on Kuroo's body. It was noticed by Kenma, Akaashi and even Bokuto, but yet Kuroo couldn't see it.

----

It was a practice match between Nekoma and Fukurodani, very much anticipated by the BokuAkaKuroKen household. They are competitive against each other, but always have fun whether they loose or win. Kuroo was trying extra hard to 1. Impress his boyfriends and 2. He felt he's been lacking recently and wants to prove to the team he's worthy of the captain role.

Kuroo was working up a sweat, always calling Kenma for the ball and trying to dig up as many balls possible. He hit his serves extra hard and it was proving to be harmful on his body. Kuroo was struggling more than usual to catch his breath, he feels like his body weighs a million kg.

Sure he maybe could have gone to sleep at a more reasonable time compared to-ehem 2am-but it was too late to change that now. Kenma eyes Kuroo with worry during their water break, doing a full body scan. Kenma glances over at the other team, Akaashi catching his gaze and they both mimic worried faces.

----

They should have seen it coming. Kuroo was swaying on his feet, forehead glistening with sweat and cheeks a pinkish colour due to exertion. Bokuto felt the power in Kuroo's spikes decrease rapidly and noticed how he wasn't blocking as high as normal. Akaashi saw the way Kuroo's chest heaved in breaths and Kenma noticed everything, from the way he was walking to how his skin was somehow pale, yet flushed.

So, in conclusion, they should have seen it coming when Kuroo walked off the court after scoring, staggering dangerously to the bench. He was almost there when he dropped to his knees, arms catching his body with the bench. Kuroo's vision swam and blackness started appearing in spots before his arms slipped off the bench and his body went limp on the ground.

"Kuro!" Kenma rushed over, fatigue from the practice game leaving his body imidiantly. Bokuto's face dropped in worry and he was ducked under the net in seconds, jogging over to his boyfriend, followed closely by Akaashi.

Kenma got to him first, brushing Kuroo's crazy hair out the way. Bokuto was second. "Ku? can you hear me?" He said, beyond worried. Akaashi positioned Kuroo so he was on his back, tilting his head to the ceiling so enough air could get to his lungs.

One of the coaches brought over some water and towels, Kenma dabbed the sweat off Kuroo's forehead. "He's waking up!" Bokuto pointed out, gripping Akaashi's hand. Kuroo was met with the blinding lights on the gym's ceiling and the concerned faces of his boyfriends. His body was aching and everything was uncomfortable, he felt like he was on edge yet clouds were in his brain.

Kuroo made a whimper-like noise, trying to sit up off the floor. "Hey Kuroo, lay down, your body won't like it if you sit up too fast." Akaashi gently encouraged Kuroo back down. He layed like that for 10 minutes, Kenma supporting his head with his lap and Bokuto never letting go of his hand.

Siting up was progress and he drank a few sips of water. "Kaashi, he feels really warm.." Kenma felt Kuroo's forehead, hand meeting a high fever. "Kuroo, you've worked yourself too hard, now you're sick." Akaashi said, disappointed but not wanting to lecture Kuroo just yet. "Ku, you've got to take it easy, I don't like seeing you like this." Bokuto adds, face drooped.

----

Kuroo can't keep his eyes open, his head is raging and heat swarms his whole body. Bokuto gave him a piggy back ride home, Bokuto very proud of the fact he managed to carry all whopping 188cm (6'2'') of Kuroo. I mean that is pretty impressive.

Kenma and Akaashi chatted back and fourth, mainly Akaashi being worried and Kenma trying to think of some solutions to Kuroo's problems. Kuroo can't tell if the walk home went on forever, or no time at all because all of a sudden they're at their front door. Akaashi opens it and Bokuto carries Kuroo inside.

Kuroo is deposited on their bed, carefully of course. Bokuto stays with Kuroo and Kenma and Akaashi go off go grab stuff for Kuroo. Akaashi gets a thermometer and medicine, Kenma gets water and a change of clothes. Akaashi returns and imidiantly points the machine at Kuroo's forehead, the device beeping before showing results.

"38.9°C (102°F), jeeze Kuroo..." Akaashi stares at the high number, if it was another degree more they would need a hospital trip. "Tetsu.... you can't over work yourself, you're so hot I could fry an egg on your head!" Bokuto exclaims, (hot both literally and looks wise).

"Sorry guys... I really didn't mean to.." Kuroo slurs slightly and all is imidiantly forgiven, Kuroo looks too miserable to be scolded. "It's okay Kuro, don't do it again though, it's time to get you changed out of your practice clothes." Kenma speaks up, beginning to help Kuroo strip his sweaty practice clothes.

Akaashi and Bokuto help too, Kuroo's limbs feel too heavy to even take his shirt off. They change the sickie into a light, airy tank top and comfortable shorts. "Okay, medicine time, we have to get your fever down. Bo? Could you get those cooling strips please?" Akaashi asks, giving Kuroo two pills and a glass of water.

Kuroo swallows the medicine and drinks half the glass, relishing the cool feeling. Bokuto comes back with the strips, already making to place one on Kuroo's forehead. He sighs in relief, eyes closing and body sinking back into the bed.

They all coo at the sight, before they start to change clothes as well, being sweaty from practice too. It takes them no time and when they're all done they get into bed with Kuroo. Kenma snuggles up to Bokuto, who is clinging to Akaashi, who is next to Kuroo. He doesn't want to be super touchy because it definitely won't be good for Kuroo's temperature if they're sharing the same personal space, much to Kuroo's dismay.

"I love you all... sorry for not taking care of myself..." Kuroo mumbles into the quiet room, before falling closer and closer to the land of sleep.

"We love you too Kuroo."

End!!!!
Not sure I'm satisfied with this but I hope you enjoyed nonetheless!!! Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, point them out and I'll fix them!!

Thank you so much II-Crimson-II for this request <33

More overworking!!! And there's another one after this with KyouHaba this time!! Please take care of yourself everyone, it's super important <3

List of upcoming chapters:
KyouHaba, sick Kyotani
AranKita, sick Kita
BokuAkaKuroKen, sick Kenma
TsukkiYamaKageHina, sick Hinata
LevYaku, sick Yaku
SemiShira, sick Shirabu
OsaAtsu (not ship), sick Atsumu
KuroKen, sick Kenma

Requests are still closed <333

Thank you all so so much for 71.4k reads!!!!!! I can't believe we've hit the 70 thousand mark!!! I love you all so much!

Word count : 1398