Anxious sickness - KuroKen

Sick person : Kenma
Caretaker : Kuroo

(Kenma's anxiety causes him a stomach ache that leads to him being sick and Kuroo looks after him)

**This chapter does mention and talk about anxiety, if you are uncomfortable with this topic I'd advise you don't read <3

3rd person POV

Kenma has found himself in this situation more than once, he wakes up in the morning next to Kuroo, as usual. But the thing that's off is that he can feel a tingling sensation underneath his skin, no doubt from his anxiety. He can also feel a dull ache—that is sure to worsen after time—settling in his stomach.

It's going to be one of those bad days, Kenma recognises.

Kenma turns his head so he faces Kuroo as he's lying down. He slings one arm around his middle and tries to focus on the delicate, yet sharp and masculine features of Kuroo's face. But, Kenma gets sidetracked by his racing heart, anxiety really sucks.

"Kuro...." Kenma calls out quietly, having to repeat himself once more and then Kuroo opens his eyes slowly. Kuroo blinks away the sleep in his eyes and yawns, only when he sees Kenma's facial expression does he show worry. "Everything okay, Kenma?" Kuroo furrows his eyebrows when Kenma shakes his head.

"It's one of those days...." Kuroo imidiantly knows what Kenma means, sometimes they consist of different things, sometimes Kenma is just very down, sad and anxious and sometimes it affects him more physically, he can get headaches, stomach aches and sometimes nausea.

"Aw Kenma.. I'm sorry, you just take it easy today, stay here I'll get you some things." Kuroo kisses Kenma and then leaves the bedroom. Kuroo makes some simple buttered toast, some tea with honey and grabs Kenma's anxiety medication.

Kuroo places all the things he prepared on a tray and brings it back to Kenma, he finds him curled onto the side under the dovet and Kuroo's heart aches. Placing the tray on the nightstand, Kuroo starts rubbing Kenma's back through the blanket. "Hey, I've got you some breakfast." Kuroo smiles when Kenma turns over to look at him.

Kenma's sore stomach makes him not want to eat anything but he sits up nonetheless, sometimes food does help him to feel better. Kuroo watches Kenma take small bites out of the toast and doesn't miss when Kenma's hand skims over his stomach, a subtle wince showing on his face.

"Kenma, is it your tummy that's also bothering you?" Kuroo worries. "Yeah.. it's just an ache but I don't really have an appetite either." Kenma lowers the piece of toast. It tastes like cardboard in his mouth. (Not a result of Kuroo's cooking).

"Here.. try some tea?" Kuroo holds out the mug near Kenma's lips and tilts it for him to drink. Yes, Kenma's hands are perfectly fine but Kuroo wants to baby him. The tea is surprisingly pleasant to Kenma and he finds himself drinking more than he thought he would. Kuroo even manages to feed Kenma a little more toast in between the sips of the hot beverage.

Although Kenma feels the ache coming back stronger and cramps start to nag his middle, it forces Kenma to turn his head at the next offering of toast. "Are you full Kenma?" Kuroo asks, "Mm it's just my stomach... it's starting to hurt more..." Kenma sighs, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear.

"That's okay, I understand Kenma, just take your medicine and then lay down I'll just clean this up." Kuroo hands over the pills before he leaves with the tray. Kenma holds the small capsules in his palm, at this rate he might throw up, and all the signs are pointing to it anyway.

Kenma settles on the fact that his aching middle is way too upset to be taking anything. The tea and toast were already pushing it. Kenma feels jittery and his hands are shaking again. He can almost feel himself pale in the face. With little to no willpower, Kenma hobbles to their bathroom. Nausea was apparently on his body's to-do list unfortunately.