30

June I have to go to Sacramento.  What is wrong that Jane called frantic? There was a shooting at our office.  Charles was shot and is in surgery at kaiser as we speak. Carmen, Avery and Lisa were there to help. Auntie sorry and Kim.  You guys go while the roads are still good. We will pack your stuff and right behind you. Okay thanks.
Here take my porsche we will rent a car.  Thanks auntie.
June and Avery left.
Babe I am going pack their stuff and ours will you have the concierge get us a rental with 4 wheel drive just in case it snows. Tell them put it on my account. Okay Maura.
I called downstairs and told them what she said but gave them my credit card instead.   I told them to give the rest of of food we had to shelters here.
I packed up the ice chest and made some sandwiches and tossed beverages and ice. 

Babe I made sandwiches.  Ice is in the cooler with beverages.  Good thinking.  I will drive you are riled up.

The staff came and got all of our stuff and we left.

My cell was ringing. 

J Avery and June are on their way. We are too. Who is we? Kim and I . Long story later.  How is Charles doing? TJ came out and is talking to the Wright's now.  How are you doing? Maur I had to shoot my ex client before he shot the other officer. We didn't know he shot Charles until after we did first aid on the officer. You and the others are okay? Yes, Rebecca just got here. J take a couple of deep breaths.  J okay.  We should be there in an hour an half depending on weather and traffic.  Maur thanks.  Anytime buddy. Love you. Love you too buddy.
Kim TJ is speaking with the family now.  Jane shot the ex client to save the officer.  She didn't know Charles was shot.  Babe take a deep breath.  Jane is okay. Was anyone else hurt? No just them two.  Rebecca just got there. Kim you charged this vehicle on your credit card.  YES YOU HAVE BEEN PAYING FOR EVERYTHING ELSE PLUS I KNOW WHO I HAVE INSURANCE WITH. Oh Okay sorry. Breath.

Kim held my hand.  It started snowing an hour and 15 minutes in the drive. We made it just in time before it got worse and we were stuck.

Auntie how is he? He's made it, but we have to wait for him to wake up. They removed the officers bullet and was able to stop the hemorrhaging.  His wife and their family are here. Kim she is back with her? Yes. I am happy for them. The are going to live together and auntie hopes eventually marry her. Kim made sandwiches and they are bringing beverages. Yeah we had just finished eating dinner. June is parking Esmi I mean Maura's porsche.  We left everything and came. What happened you left Miami?

Avery whispered in my ear.

Good on your part. Hope she is worth it. I am glad he had a prenupt. So Amelia is bi. I would of never known.  All you ever see her with is men on the tabloids. I guess she was extra careful. Sweetie  help me pass out the beverages and sandwiches. 

I watched as my aunts hugged one another. Maura than went to talk to TJ to get an update.

Kim thank you for bringing food. Your welcome.  It's food that Maura had bought for the cabin. We came as soon as we heard. How is he? He made it through. We just have to wait.

Code blue we hear. We all rush to his room. Maura is doing CPR ON Charles with TJ. Ed Wright is holding his sister in law trying to comfort her.  Maura comes out while TJ and the others are checking his vitals. Maura talks to his family. 

He has a bleeder. They have to take him back. Dr. Isles thank you.  Your welcome it was a team effort.  I am going to go change into some scrubs and will observe the surgery. I will come out to update you.  Thanks Maura.  Your welcome. Kim I  am going to go change into scrubs and will observe . I will keep you all updated. Maur  ,auntie thank you .

I hugged J and told her,  Avery Harris and Carmen to come with me so I can get them scrubs too. There clothes were ruined.