Chapter 2: Desperation

Taehyung stares at the alpha in shock as he processes Jungkook's words. He feels everything becoming confusing. Me? Winter rose? I smell like a winter rose? Was that poem about me?

"You cried today." Jungkook mutters as he looks at the stunned beta.

"I-I uh I have to go." Taehyung quickly mumbles and shakily stands up.

Jungkook quickly catches Taehyung as he stumbles. "Are you ok?" Jungkook asks with worry.

"You see me?" Taehyung whispers and looks up at the handsome alpha.

"I see you." Jungkook softly answers and brushes his thumb across Taehyung's soft cheek.

"I'm a beta." Taehyung mutters and tries to comprehend Jungkook's words and actions.

"A beautiful, smart, and sweet beta." Jungkook softly smiles as he holds Taehyung up.

"You're Jeon Jungkook though." Taehyung whispers and looks down.

"And you're Kim Taehyung." Jungkook smiles and pulls Taehyung closer.

"No. This can't happen. Not to me." Taehyung mutters and pushes Jungkook away.

"Why?" Jungkook asks with confusion and desperation in his voice.

"You are Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung mutters and begins backing away.

"I won't hurt you. I promise." Jungkook cries as he watches Taehyung look at him with fear and rejection.

"Someday, an omega with a sweet scent will make your heart flutter." Taehyung mumbles and turns around.

"There are plenty of omegas with sweet scents. I don't want them. I want you." Jungkook cries out and reaches out for Taehyung.

"No. Don't make me long for something that I can't have." Taehyung shakes his head with determination and walks off into the crowd then disappears.

"Don't walk away. Please." Jungkook begs as his wolf howls in pain.

Jungkook quickly stumbles into the crowd looking for the beta. The pain of rejection is searing his heart as he desperately looks for his rose.

"Please." Jungkook chokes out and stumbles to the ground as his vision becomes blurry with tears.

Taehyung stops when he hears the alpha's pain. He gasps when he sees Jungkook on the ground, looking around with desperation and pain in his eyes.

"No. I can't." Taehyung quickly shakes his head and runs away.

"Jungkook!!! What happened?" An alpha calls out as he runs over to Jungkook.

"He left. He doesn't want me." Jungkook cries and clings to the older alpha.

"Who? Who doesn't want you?" The older alpha asks and looks at Jungkook who has clearly been rejected.

"Taehyung." Jungkook softly cries.

"Who?" The alpha looks at Jungkook in confusion.

"My rose. My winter rose." Jungkook cries and cries.

The older alpha helps Jungkook off of the ground and walks him to the car waiting by the sidewalk. Jungkook slumps in the seat as he realizes what is really paining him. Taehyung is scared of me. I scare him.

The next day, Taehyung once again hides in his back corner. He is wearing a face mask and has his hoodie pulled over his eyes. Jungkook won't recognize me with my face covered. My scent is too muted for him to know that I am here.

When Jimin walks into the classroom, he looks around for the wolf who smells like roses. His eyes flit past the figure hiding in the back of the classroom. That's when he smells the faint scent of roses that is barely detectable. He wouldn't have detected the scent if he wasn't searching for it.