Chapter 3: Different

After a few minutes, they stand up and Taehyung lets Jungkook into his apartment. Taehyung feels nervous as the alpha looks around his tiny apartment with only one tiny window. Jungkook has grown up with wealth and status while Taehyung has been struggling in the gutters.

Jungkook looks around the single room apartment with a tiny bathroom shoved in a corner. He sees how clean the beta keeps it. He looks at the worn out furniture, blankets, appliances, and clothes that are neatly stacked in a small box. When he looks at the tiny eating area, he sees the cheapest ramen and expired food. 

As Jungkook looks at Taehyung, he realizes why Taehyung is so slender. He has barely enough food to survive. Jungkook cries when he thinks about Taehyung's life.

"Why are you crying?" Taehyung asks as he looks up at Jungkook in surprise.

"I grew up with more than I could ever ask for while you have been struggling to survive." Jungkook cries and pulls Taehyung into his arms.

"I'm ok." Taehyung mutters as he processes someone crying because of his pain and struggles.

"You're so strong, my Rose." Jungkook softly smiles and looks down at the beta in his arms.

Taehyung looks up and gets lost in the stunning eyes that hold so much emotion for him. The first person to look at him has so many emotions in their eyes.

After a few minutes, Jungkook decides to leave so that he doesn't overwhelm the beta. When he turns to leave, Taehyung's fingers linger on his shirt. Jungkook stops when he feels the gentle tug on his shirt. He quickly turns and looks at Taehyung. Taehyung searches for words as he quickly pulls his hand away in a panic.

"I uh I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"It's ok. Do you want me to stay?" Jungkook asks with hope in his voice.

"I uh I don't know." Taehyung whispers and looks down.

From Taehyung's answer, Jungkook knows that Taehyung wants him to stay but is afraid to ask. He also knows that Taehyung is ashamed of his circumstances.

"I'll stay." Jungkook smiles and caresses Taehyung's face.

Taehyung nods and looks around. As he looks around, he suddenly realizes that Jungkook does not belong in a place like this.

"No. No. You need to go." Taehyung mutters and begins pushing Jungkook to the door.

"Why?" Jungkook asks in surprise.

"You don't belong in a place like this." Taehyung mumbles which causes Jungkook to stand still.

"I'm staying." Jungkook answers because there is no room for Taehyung to feel inferior.

"You can't. You don't belong in this place." Taehyung shakes his head and tries to push the alpha out of the apartment.

"I belong with you." Jungkook answers and wraps his arms around Taehyung.

"I have no food to give you. I have no heater to keep you warm. I have no bed. I have nothing. Go back to your home and world." Taehyung whispers and looks down in shame.

"You are becoming my world day by day. I will stay with you." Jungkook answers and keeps Taehyung in his arms. He knows that if he suggests going to his family's mansion, he will only make Taehyung feel worse.

"I have nothing." Taehyung repeats with his eyes closed.

"You have you. You are the only thing that I want." Jungkook answers and breathes in Taehyung's scent.

Taehyung shivers when Jungkook breathes in his scent. This is the first time someone has taken a deep breath of his scent like this.

Jungkook walks over to the folded blankets and begins setting up the sleeping area. Taehyung quietly watches him. He takes a deep breath as his apartment fills with Jungkook's dizzying scent.