Chapter 4: Precious

"Why me?" Taehyung asks as he watches the perfect alpha in front of him who has the option of any alpha or omega.

"In a sea of hormones, want, lust, power, wealth, back biting, and politics, you are the one innocent rose hiding amongst the poisonous weeds." Jungkook explains with a soft smile.

"What if I didn't smell like winter roses? What if I smelled like lemons or something like that?" Taehyung asks and looks at Jungkook, searching the alpha's beautiful eyes for an answer.

"Then, you would have been the precious lemon in a tasteless world. No matter your scent, you are still Kim Taehyung." Jungkook smiles and gently takes Taehyung's hand.

"What if I smelled like dirt?" Taehyung mumbles and looks at their hands.

"Dirt smells like heaven when it rains and is comforting." Jungkook answers and squeezes Taehyung's hand.

"You smell like smoke and rain." Taehyung mutters as he looks at the tattoos on Jungkook's hand.

"Really? No one has ever told me that before." Jungkook smiles at the thought of his scent.

"Really? I thought that multiple people would have told you." Taehyung looks up in surprise.

"Really. I guess that most people aren't paying attention to who I am. They just look at my rank and status." Jungkook shrugs then pulls Taehyung closer. "But you, you see me, the real me." Jungkook whispers as he breathes in Taehyung's scent.

"I barely know you." Taehyung whispers as his heart flutters at the close proximity to the alpha.

"Then imagine how little others know me." Jungkook softly whispers and brushes his lips over the beta's scent gland.

A quiet moan leaves the beta's lips as the alpha softly brushes his lips on his scent gland then presses a soft kiss. Taehyung slightly stiffens at the intimacy.

"Don't worry. I will never go further than you are willing to go." Jungkook softly explains when he feels Taehyung stiffen.

"I'm just not used to it." Taehyung mutters and looks down in embarrassment.

"That's ok. We will go at your pace." Jungkook smiles and lies down with Taehyung in his arms.

"This is still pretty fast." Taehyung mumbles as he places his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck.

"Most couples mate by now." Jungkook softly chuckles.

"Couples?" Taehyung asks and looks up at Jungkook with big eyes.

"Mhm. Couples." Jungkook smiles and caresses Taehyung's face.

"I uh ..." Taehyung blushes as he processes Jungkook's words.

"You are beautiful." Jungkook whispers as he looks at Taehyung.

His words cause Taehyung to blush more and bury his face in Jungkook's chest with a quiet squeal. Jungkook softly chuckles at Taehyung's endearing reaction and wraps his arms around the thin beta. Jungkook feels his heart break when he feels Taehyung's ribs and hips poking out.

Once Taehyung recovers from his embarrassment, he looks up at the stunning alpha staring at him. He slowly reaches up and touches the alpha's face. Jungkook smiles at the tender contact then snuggles his face in the beta's hand. Taehyung softly smiles and cups Jungkook's face.

They quietly look at each other as the faint moonlight filters through the tiny window. Jungkook knows as he looks at the beta in his arms that he will love and protect the beta with everything he has. Taehyung feels tears coming to his eyes as he drowns in Jungkook's loving gaze.