Chapter 18: Meet the Parents

When Jungkook pulls up to the Alpha mansion, Taehyung nervously bites his lips and fidgets with his fingers.

"Rose, it's ok." Jungkook softly smiles and takes his mate's hands in his own.

"Ok." Taehyung smiles and takes a deep breath.

The moment Jungkook opens the car door for Taehyung, the beta clings to his mate. Jungkook softly chuckles and pecks the beta's cheek then begins walking towards the door.

"Young Alpha." The guard greets Jungkook with a bow then softly smiles at the nervous beta. "Young Luna."

Taehyung nervously squeaks and almost bows but remembers not to because that was the one thing that Namjoon reminded him not to do over and over again. He is no longer at the bottom of the pack.

Jungkook softly smiles at his mate and lovingly rubs his back which helps the beta calm down. 

When the guard leads them into the large dining room, Taehyung reminds himself to not look around in awe. This place will be his home in the future. 

"Rose, you are doing so well." Jungkook softly praises his mate through the link which earns him a bright smile from his mate.

"So you did mate the beta." The Luna scoffs as she looks at the blonde by Jungkook's side. "Who would bleach their hair before meeting the Luna and Alpha?" She mockingly mutters with disdain in her voice and eyes.

"Taehyung is actually naturally blonde," Jungkook answers and pulls the chair back for Taehyung to sit at the table.

The Alpha and Luna's brows raise a bit when they hear Jungkook. It's rare to meet a wolf in their pack who is born a natural blonde because their wolf is light-furred.

"What is your name?" The Alpha asks Taehyung; even though, he already knows the beta's name.

"Kim Taehyung." The beta answers and bows his head at the only two wolves in the pack he should respectfully bow to.

"I already told you his name," Jungkook growls in disapproval as he sits down. "Also, I will remind you that if this is anything but civil, we will leave." Jungkook reminds them and threateningly raises his aura which causes the current Luna and Alpha to shiver.

Taehyung watches in curiosity as Jungkook's strength overpowers the current Luna and Alpha. Usually, the current Alpha is supposed to be the strongest in the pack, and the Luna's link to the Alpha is supposed to protect the Luna from others' strength.

"So, Taehyung, where did you grow up?" The Luna asks as she scrutinizes Taehyung's table manners.

"In St. Mary's orphanage." Taehyung answers and becomes very grateful that the orphanage drilled table etiquette into him.

"At least you were taught manners. I always make sure that the children there are well taken care of since that is where we got Jungkook from." The Luna tells Taehyung with a prideful air in her voice.

Taehyung looks at Jungkook in surprise when he learns that they were in the same orphanage.

"I came to live with them when you were born, so we weren't there at the same time." Jungkook smiles and takes Taehyung's plate to cut the steak for him.

"Oh that makes sense." Taehyung mumbles and watches Jungkook cut his food. "But, I wouldn't say that the orphans in the orphanage are well taken care of. We would go several meals without food or never had enough clothing for winter. Several of the workers are abusive to the children. I would know since I experienced it. Everyday is filled with yelling, hunger, and fear." Taehyung tells the Luna with a curt voice because he hates that she is bragging about something she isn't doing.