Chapter 6: Red String

When Taehyung wakes up on his birthday, he slightly panics when Jungkook isn't in the bed with him but calms down when he smells Jungkook in the room. As he rolls over, he sees the room filled with balloons and pastel pink winter roses.

"Happy Birthday, Rose." Jungkook smiles and walks over to the smiling beta.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiles at Jungkook with teary eyes.

"Anything for you." Jungkook smiles and gently cups Taehyung's face.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, dear Taehyung. Happy birthday to you." The five alphas sing as they walk into the room with the cake in their hands.

Taehyung looks at the cake in surprise because it is his first birthday cake he's had since he was three. He takes in the beauty of the flames flickering on the candles then takes a deep breath to blow them out.

"Have you made a wish?" Jimin asks before Taehyung blows the candles out.

"A wish? No." Taehyung shakes his head and looks at the pretty alpha.

"Since today is a special day, you make a wish before blowing the candles out." Jin explains with a sweet smile.

I wish to be happy ... with Jungkook. Taehyung opens his eyes and blows the candles out. He watches as they all cheer and happily clap. Taehyung reads the pretty words on the cake as Hoseok carefully pulls the candles out of the cake. 

"Happy birthday, My Winter Rose." Taehyung smiles as he reads the pink words.

"Here you go, Tae." Jungkook hands him the first slice of the cake.

"You can have the first slice since you bought it." Taehyung mumbles and pushes the cake back to Jungkook.

"It's your birthday. The birthday boy always gets the first slice." Jungkook smiles and has Taehyung take it.

"Plus, I baked it." Jin smiles proudly.

"At my cafe." Hoseok points out.

"I mixed the icing!" Jimin quickly adds.

"I ate the left over batter." Namjoon chuckles with a grin.

"I bought the ingredients." Yoongi grins.

"I decorated it." Jungkook smiles and gently pats Taehyung's head.

"Thank you." Taehyung smiles with teary eyes.

"Don't cry, Pretty." Jin coos and hands a tissue to Taehyung.

As they eat the cake, Jungkook nervously plays with the gift that he bought for Taehyung. Taehyung notices Jungkook's nervousness, so he gently rests his hand on Jungkook's.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks and looks into Jungkook's eyes.

"I uh here." Jungkook mumbles and hands the box to Taehyung.

Taehyung smiles and opens the box. A soft gasp leaves his lips when he sees a red string bracelet with a silver rose on the crimson band.

"Thank you." Taehyung whispers as he admires the delicate bracelet and brushes his fingers over it.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asks as he nervously looks at Taehyung.

"It is beautiful. I love it." Taehyung sniffles and holds the precious bracelet in his hand.

"Let me put it on you." Jungkook smiles and places the bracelet around Taehyung's slender wrist.

As Jungkook places the red string bracelet on Taehyung, he sees a similar one already on Jungkook's wrist. When Taehyung traces the red string on Jungkook's wrist, Jungkook smiles and places a gentle kiss on his forehead.