Chapter 30: Painful Good Bye

"Jinnie, what's wrong? What happened?" Namjoon frantically asks when Jin lifelessly walks back into the center.

"Eomma." Jin cries and looks at Namjoon who quickly wraps him in his arms.

Namjoon quietly holds his love as Jin sobs in his arms. The others watch with worried eyes as Jin's sobs only grow louder.

Hoseok quickly leaves to find out what has happened and freezes when he sees the Theta carrying his dead mate in his arms. None of us were left unscathed this week. Hoseok watches as the family members of the dead sob in the streets with their dead loved ones in their arms. To the young Zeta, it seems like just yesterday they were going to school without a care in the world.

When Hoseok walks back into the center, he looks at Namjoon with teary eyes. Namjoon instantly knows that Jin's mother was killed. He holds his love tighter in his arms and buries his face in Jin's hair.

"Unnie, where is my Tiger?" Eunbin asks her friend as Heesun helps her with her physical therapy for the day.

"He's been busy with pack duties." Heesun smiles, trying to hide the fact that Taehyung is injured.

"I haven't seen him in over a week." Eunbin mutters and looks at Binna who is happily sitting in her lap.

"The transition hasn't been easy." Heesun quietly sighs and gently pats her friend's head.

After three days, Taehyung finally wakes back up. Jungkook sighs in relief when he sees his mate's gorgeous eyes looking at him.

"Hey, Rose." The young Alpha smiles and gently kisses his mate's forehead.

"I love you." Taehyung smiles and snuggles into his mate's arms.

"I love you too." Jungkook hums and wraps an arm around Taehyung's waist and pulls him closer.

"How long did I sleep?" Taehyung asks and buries his face in Jungkook's chest.

"Three days."

"Three days?! That's so long!" Taehyung shouts in surprise and looks up at Jungkook who is chuckling at his adorable mate.

"Don't worry." Jungkook smiles and gently rests his forehead against Taehyung's forehead.

"Who was that omega from before?" Taehyung asks and gently runs his fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"My twin brother." Jungkook answers and closes his eyes and enjoys the feeling of Taehyung's fingers in his hair.

"Your what?!" Taehyung asks in shock and pulls away from Jungkook to look him in the eyes.

"My birth parents abandoned me at an orphanage to protect my omega twin brother." Jungkook softly explains and gently brushes his thumb over his mate's soft cheek.

"Really?" Taehyung asks in surprise because he's never heard of that before.

"Mhm."

"I thought your parents died or something." The beta murmurs as he looks at his mate.

"I assumed they did until I met him at school. I was beyond shocked." Jungkook sighs and closes his eyes as Taehyung's fingers gently trace his nose.

"What caused everyone to be so tense about him?"

"He said some hurtful things to me when we were in school. We were young, so he said some things that I am sure he regrets and didn't really mean." Jungkook mumbles with pain in his eyes.

"But those words still hurt." Taehyung whispers when he sees the pain in his mate's eyes.

Jungkook quietly nods and looks at his mate to see a tender gaze. Taehyung gently pulls his mate into a loving kiss. The Alpha happily hums and wraps his arms around his smaller mate and presses their bodies together. He smiles as his mate's lips gently tell him how much the beta loves him.