Chapter 38: The Promise of Forever

"Pumpkin, stop bothering your father." Taehyung coos as he swings his alpha toddler in his arms.

"Play wif Appa!" The pup cries and looks into his mother's eyes.

"Do you not want to play with me?" Taehyung pouts as he snuggles his adorable pup.

"Play wif Eomma!" 

"Chanyeol, let's go have fun!" Taehyung giggles and carries his little alpha pup to the playroom.

When their laughter fills the mansion, Jungkook happily smiles and pauses his work. As the Alpha of the pack, he is very busy with treaties and pack duties, but he always takes time to be with his family. 

He quietly sighs and listens to their laughter then looks around his office at the many sketches lining the walls. The Alpha smiles as he admires the sketches his beautiful mate had created while they were in university. Jungkook remembers having to coax his sweet beta to open the mysterious box and show him what was inside. To his surprise, there were many paintings and sketches of him from various angles with various facial expressions. Those paintings and sketches are lining his office walls. Now there is art of their son mixed in. Every time Jungkook is tired or stressed, he looks at the paintings and sketches. They always bring a smile to his face.

"Are my loves having fun?" Jungkook's soft, warm voice fills the playroom which has his pup instantly running towards him.

"Appa! Eomma is fun!" Chanyeol shouts and jumps into his father's arms.

"Is Eomma funner than me?" Jungkook chuckles and lovingly pecks his son's cheek.

"More funner than Appa!" Chanyeol squeals and looks over at his beautiful mother.

"That's good. I am glad you are having lots of fun with Eomma." Jungkook smiles and tosses his son into the air.

"Eomma! Save Chanyeol!" The pup squeals as his father lovingly tosses him up and down.

Taehyung happily laughs and videos the happy moment. He knows that Jungkook is beyond busy and tired, so he is grateful that Jungkook is able to join them in moments like this.

"The funnest Samchon has arrived!" Jin shouts as he enters the mansion with his rambunctious sons racing in front of him.

"I'm pretty sure that I am funner than you!" Jimin argues and walks past Jin with a playful glare while their sons tackle each other to the ground.

"Eomma is more funner than Samchon!" Chanyeol cheers as Taehyung laughs and greets his hyungs.

"Omo! Chanyeol has betrayed us!" Jin playfully gasps while he lovingly takes the toddler from Jungkook.

"Rose, give me a couple of hours. I'll be finished soon." Jungkook softly whispers and kisses his mate's lips.

"Take all of the time you need. I understand." Taehyung smiles and kisses him back.

"Loey! Appa has a couple of things to do. I'll be back soon." Jungkook tells his son who smiles and nods in understanding.

"Go do your work! We'll prepare everything for dinner. By the time you finish your work, dinner will be ready!" Jimin shouts as he shoos the younger wolf off.

The happy voices filling the mansion give Jungkook the energy he needs to finish reading through the contracts and signing them. When he leaves his office, his son is patiently waiting for him at his office door with big eyes.

"Is my little Loey waiting for me?" Jungkook smiles and lifts his son into his arms.

"Loey wait for Appa." The pup happily giggles and relaxes in his father's arms.