Chapter 27: For the Pack

As Taehyung holds Heesun in his arms, he hears the howls of the attacking packs. Jimin and Yoongi quickly sprint towards the attackers with their alphas. As the war for their pack begins, Taehyung looks at his mother and Jungkook's mother. All of the people he holds dear are in danger.

"Luna, the alphas and betas who are not fighters and hunters were wondering if they should defend the rehabilitation center." Eunwoo softly tells Taehyung who is clinging to Heesun.

"Yes, let's do that." Taehyung snaps out of his daze and gently places Heesun on her bed next to her sleeping pup. "Since you were trained to be the Luna, will you help me through this? I know this is a lot to ask of you." 

"Of course. You are the Luna. I will do what I can to help." Eunwoo smiles and hugs the sweet beta.

"Thank you" Taehyung softly mutters and walks with Eunwoo. 

"I'll let you speak to them. You are the new Luna." Eunwoo softly tells Taehyung and stands by his side. Taehyung nods and musters up the courage he has then clears his throat.

All of the wolves who are being housed in the rehabilitation center turn their attention to their new Luna. Taehyung takes a deep breath then relaxes.

"I know you are all scared and unsure of what will happen; however, right now is when our pack needs us the most. All of our warriors and hunters are busy protecting us. Many of you have family and friends who are shedding their blood for us. There will be intruders who are able to break past our warriors and hunters, so I ask those who are healthy and willing to fight. This week will be difficult for us all because our Alpha will leave us vulnerable due to the transition. We will have to fill in his spot to protect our families and loved ones. Those who are willing, please raise your hands. I am a beta, so I will join you." Taehyung's voice does not quiver as he addresses the thousands of his pack that are crammed into the building.

To his surprise, every healthy alpha and beta raise their hands with determination in their eyes. The young Luna turns to his wolf and howls then runs out of the building. The alphas and betas follow behind and surround rehabilitation compound that is housing their families. As the rest of the pack hears their new Luna's howls, the healthy alphas and betas sprint from the safety of their homes to the streets to fight.

Taehyung stands at the front of the group and waits for the first intruders to break past their defenses. He watches as the rest of the pack comes alive with a fighting fire in their eyes and spirit. His silver coat shimmers underneath the sun as he patiently stands in the snow and scopes out the area.

When he turns to look at the alphas and betas with him, he sees several who are from the same sub-pack as him.

"Will all of the white and silver wolves hide in the snow towards the outskirts to surprise the oncoming enemy?" Taehyung asks as he turns to his human form to address the pack.

The white and silver wolves quickly step out of the main group and find positions to hide in the snow. 

"Taehyung! Wolves are breaking through!" Yoongi shouts through the council link when he sees the enemy pouring through.

"Don't worry about us! Take care of yourselves!" Taehyung responds and turns to face his pack then releases a howl. The pack quickly follows suit and releases their fighting howls.

The moment the first intruder appears, a large brown alpha charges and tackles the intruder. Four betas follow after and help take down the first intruder. Soon, the pack is busy taking down the intruders.

The pack's streets are filled with howls and sounds of bones breaking. The blood of the intruders begins to stain the white snow.

As Taehyung fights with other betas, he watches as the pack's white wolves stay in hiding to sneak attack the stronger intruders who will likely come. When any of the pack members are injured, Hoseok sprints out of the center to bring them in for medical aid.