Chapter 21: I Misunderstood

"Where are you taking my mate?" The Alpha growls when he sees the young council taking the Luna out of the mansion.

"Move." Jungkook snarls and flashes his eyes in complete anger.

The Alpha is forced to lower his head because Jungkook's pheromones are stronger than his. Jungkook keeps his dominant hold on the Alpha as his council and the Luna get into their cars. Once everyone is safely driving away, Jungkook and Taehyung go to their car and quickly drive away.

The drive home is quiet as Jungkook goes through his childhood memories and tries to see what he missed to have come to think the Luna hated him. He sighs and clenches the steering wheel when he can't think of any other moments than the moments where she said hurtful words and coldly looked at him.

"It's ok, Jungkook. It's not your fault. It's the Alpha's fault. We heal so fast that if the Alpha ever hurt her, it would have healed by the time you would see her in the morning." Taehyung softly tells his mate and holds his hand.

"She is his mate. She's supposed to be the one he loves and protects." Jungkook growls in frustration and flashes his eyes in anger.

"All you can do now is protect her and build a bond with her. I know that you both have been wanting that." Taehyung smiles then reaches up and wipes the tear from Jungkook's face. 

"I will make up for the time we've lost. Have I ever told you her name?" Jungkook asks as he tries to stop crying.

"No." Taehyung softly shakes his head.

"Kim Heesun." Jungkook whispers and tries not to cry.

"She has a pretty name." Taehyung smiles and intertwines their fingers. "She doesn't hate you. She understands." The beta smiles and kisses his mate's hand.

Once they are at the young Alpha's apartment, Jungkook quickly has Namjoon go and buy a bracelet that severs the link between mates while being worn. When Heesun whimpers in pain and grabs her chest, Jungkook quickly hugs her while Taehyung holds Binna and tries to distract the pup.

"It's ok. He won't be able to hurt you soon." Jungkook whispers and gently rocks the Luna in his arms.

"Look, Binna. The sun is rising." Taehyung coos and carries Binna to the balcony. He wraps the cute omega in one of Jungkook's large scarves then steps onto the balcony.

"Namjoon is back!" Jin shouts and runs into the apartment with the bracelet.

Jungkook quickly clasps the bracelet around the Luna's wrist. She sighs in relief and relaxes in Jungkook's arms.

"Binna. Where is Binna?" She whispers and looks around the apartment for her pup.

"She's with Taehyung on the balcony." Jungkook softly answers and helps her stand to her feet.

The Luna smiles when she sees her daughter being cuddled on the balcony by the sweet beta. She gently pats Jungkook's hand and smiles up at him.

"You have an amazing mate. He'll make the perfect Luna. He's stronger than me." She smiles and looks up at her adult son. "You grew so fast."

"Eomma, I am so sorry." Jungkook cries and pulls her into his arms.

"It's ok, little alpha. You've been so strong and grew into such a kind alpha. I am so proud of you. I know that I hurt you so much when you were growing up. I pushed you away because he always takes away what I love." She softly whispers and runs her fingers through Jungkook's hair.

"I'm sorry because I know that I've hurt you when I should have protected you." The young alpha sniffles and hugs his omega mother tighter in his arms.

"Don't apologize. I should have been the stronger one. You are a growing pup. You shouldn't be the one required to be the strong one." She smiles and cups her son's face.