Chapter 29: Alpha

"Jungkook?!" Taehyung looks around frantically when he hears his mate over the link. He feels like crying when he feels his alpha's presence after so long.

"I'm here, Rose." Jungkook softly hums through the mate link as he walks up behind his mate.

When Taehyung turns around, he sobs and instantly rubs his snout into his mate's chest. Jungkook's chest rumbles as he releases an angered growl. He hates how other packs attack packs in their weakest moments.

The new Alpha's growl radiates throughout his entire territory and forces the enemy wolves to submit and collapse into the bloody snow. Alpha's have absolute control over territory that is theirs. With one growl, a powerful Alpha can force intruders to their knees.

Taehyung stays nuzzled against his mate's chest as the remaining enemy runs for their lives. Jungkook watches with piercing eyes as each surviving enemy limps out of his territory. The moment his pack is free from intruders, he turns human and wraps his arms around his trembling mate.

"Get all of the injured to the center!" Jungkook commands as he lifts Taehyung into his arms.

"It hasn't been seven days." Taehyung whispers as he looks up at his mate.

"The Moon Goddess is kind." Jungkook smiles with tears in his eyes as his mate's blood trickles down his body.

"It's snowing." Taehyung whispers then passes out.

Jungkook sobs as he runs with Taehyung in his arms. When he reaches the center, Hoseok quickly scoops the beta out of Jungkook's arms and races him inside.

As Jungkook looks around, he sees Hoseok's mother lying in the snow then looks around his pack to see the pain in everyone's eyes. He knows that it is not his fault his pack is in pain, but it pains him to see them broken.

"Jungkook!" Heesun shouts and runs out of the center and embraces her son.

"Eomma." Jungkook smiles and hugs his beautiful mother.

"I am so sorry. I promise to protect him. I'm sorry." She cries and clings to Jungkook, afraid to let go.

"It's ok. He's ok. Hoseok hyung is taking care of him." Jungkook whispers and gently rubs his mother's back.

"Yoongi!" Jimin shouts and runs past Jungkook into the building. "Yoongi!" Jimin cries and wraps the hunter in his arms.

"I'm ok. Don't cry." Yoongi smiles and lovingly holds Jimin in his arms.

"Y-You got hurt. I was so scared. I love you." Jimin sobs and crawls into Yoongi's bed.

"I love you, too." Yoongi hums and gently kisses the crying alpha's cheek.

"Seokie! Is it over?!" An omega's voice echoes through the center which causes the entire council to look at Hoseok in shock.

"It's over." The Zeta smiles and hugs the relieved omega.

"Seokie?" Jungkook asks with a raised brow as he looks at Hoseok.

"I uh I can explain." Hoseok mutters as he looks at all of his friends.

"He's cute." Taehyung's quiet voice snaps them all out of the awkward moment.

"Tae." Jungkook smiles and quickly goes to his mate's side. "How are you feeling?" The handsome alpha softly asks his mate.

"I'm ok. You're really here." Taehyung smiles and gently cups Jungkook's cheek with his small hand.

"I'm here." Jungkook hums and gently kisses Taehyung's forehead.