Chapter 17: Makeover

At six in the morning, the new mates are awoken from their sleep as the alpha's phone rings and rings. The young alpha groans in frustration and answers the phone. To his fury, it is the Luna and Alpha.

"What do you want?" He hisses and makes sure that his mate is sleeping peacefully.

"You told us that we can meet the future Luna today. Meet us at the Alpha mansion at noon." The Luna responds with a sharp voice and attitude.

"You do realize that new mates are supposed to be left alone for 72 hours, right?" Jungkook growls and pulls Taehyung closer as the beta looks for his mate in his sleep.

"Well, that is the luxury that the future Luna and Alpha are not afforded." The Luna snaps then hangs up.

If Taehyung was not sleeping, Jungkook would have yelled in frustration and thrown his phone across the room, but the young alpha does not want to disturb his mate's sleep. He carefully wraps Taehyung in his arms then buries his nose against the mate mark on the beta's shoulder and breathes in his scent.

"Are you ok?" Taehyung whispers when he wakes up from sensing his mate's distress through their link.

"I'm ok. I didn't mean to wake you." Jungkook whispers and runs his fingers through Taehyung's long, wavy hair.

"What's wrong?" The beta asks and pulls away from his mate to look the alpha in the eyes.

"The Luna called. We have to meet them for lunch at the Alpha's mansion." Jungkook sighs and gently caresses his mate's face.

"Everything will be ok." Taehyung smiles and gently kisses Jungkook's lips.

"I just, I hate that we can't be left in peace like other mates. I hate that this is happening to you. You deserve the romantic 72 hours that other new mates get." Jungkook starts to cry and curls up into a ball because he feels like he is already failing his mate.

"Jungkook, look at me. We are both new to this. We have more responsibilities than others. We will get through this. I don't need anything else as long as I have you as my mate. We are both very young and trying to figure out how this all works. I understand that even though you were adopted, you still grew up an orphan. We are both orphans. We will figure this out together because we have had no one to help guide us and teach us. Even our friends can't help us because they are going through their own difficulties when it comes to the wolves they love. We are trying and fighting to be together. This is all that matters." Taehyung smiles and wipes his mate's tears away.

"I feel like I'm failing you." Jungkook whispers and presses his forehead against Taehyung's forehead.

"You are not failing me. You are fighting to be with me. I love you, Jungkook." Taehyung softly whispers and pulls Jungkook into a sweet kiss.

The alpha softly hums as he tastes his mate's sweet mouth and soft lips. Their tongues gracefully dance together until the mates pull away to breathe.

"We are rather young for this, especially you, my Rose." Jungkook grins and tucks Taehyung in his embrace.

"I feel like I should get groomed. I still look like a stray dog." Taehyung murmurs against the alpha's chest.

"Stray dog?" Jungkook asks in confusion and looks down at his adorable mate whose shaggy hair is in his eyes.

"Yeah. Can we ask the hyungs to help me look a little less stray?" Taehyung asks with big eyes as he looks up at his alpha.

"Sure, but I think you look great." Jungkook mumbles in confusion.

"You and I are looking at a different beta." Taehyung giggles and pecks Jungkook's lips before hopping out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Jungkook whines and follows his energetic mate.