Chapter 31: Understanding

Warning: Physical abuse is mentioned in this chapter.

Once they are all quietly settled at Jungkook and Taehyung's apartment, Jungkook takes a deep breath and faces his hyungs.

"He would have other alphas gang up on Jungkook and beat him up. Shit like that." Jimin tells them because he doesn't want Jungkook to have to say it.

"It wasn't just that one time when he shouted it in front of us." Jin mutters in understanding. He never understood why Jimin never forgave him over the years.

"If it was just that once, I would have laughed it off, but he only escalated his torment until we graduated from high school. Jungkook didn't want you guys to worry about him, so he told me to shut up." Jimin mutters and looks at his hands.

"He's matured and grown, so I know he's a good person. I know he won't hurt Hoseok hyung. That's why I didn't want him to find out about this. We are all able to love the person we fell in love with, so I don't want to be the reason he can't." Jungkook mutters and buries his face in Taehyung's soft blonde hair.

As they talk, there is a knock at the door. Jungkook quickly gets up and opens it then is tackled in a tight hug.

"Hyung, are you ok?" Jungkook softly asks and hugs Hoseok back.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Hoseok cries and holds onto Jungkook.

"It's ok. It's in the past. You love him, and he loves you. There is no reason for you to separate." Jungkook smiles and wipes the tears from Hoseok's face.

"No, it's not ok. You were in so much pain, and I didn't know." Hoseok sniffles and gently cups Jungkook's face. As he looks at Jungkook, all he can see is the cute little pup who first introduced himself to them.

"Hyung, give him a chance." Jungkook suggests with a soft smile.

"Mmm I'll consider that." Hoseok smiles and gently pats Jungkook's cheek.

"Good." Jungkook smiles and walks back into the apartment with Hoseok.

"You two do make a cute couple." Jimin mutters and looks at Hoseok who is clearly broken.

"He makes you happy. You love him. You should go to him." Jin smiles and tries to push Hoseok out of the apartment.

"I won't until he apologizes to Jungkook." Hoseok explains and goes to the kitchen to grab something to drink.

"Oh boy. We're about to witness cute, drunk Hobi!" Jin squeals and grabs drinks for everyone.

"Why did he have to do that to Jungkookie?!" Hoseok cries and sings as he hugs his soju bottle.

"Jealousy!" Jimin answers and hiccups as he downs his bottle of soju.

"I hope he apologizes soon, so I can cuddle him." Hoseok whines and pulls Jimin into his arms.

"He's mine!" Yoongi slurs and pulls Jimin away from Hoseok.

"Cuddle! I want to cuddle someone!" Hoseok fusses and reaches out for Taehyung who is swaying with a cute grin on his face.

"Cuddle!" Taehyung squeals as Hoseok pulls him into a hug.

"He's cuddle sized!" Hoseok coos and snuggles Taehyung in his arms. "I want my Taemin!" Hoseok wails and squeezes Taehyung in his arms.

"Jungkookie! I want my Jungkookie!" Taehyung suddenly shouts and fights to get out of Hoseok's arms.

"Why are they all so drunk?" Jin sighs as he looks at the scene in the living room.

"Come here, Rose." Jungkook chuckles and lifts his drunk mate into his arms.

"How is Pretty drunk? He had like two shots!" Jin asks in disbelief as Taehyung cuddles into Jungkook's arms.