Chapter 23: Tigress

"Yes, she's alive." Jin answers with a smile that did not quite reach his eyes.

"Where is she?" Taehyung quickly asks and stands to his feet.

"She's in a care facility in a coma." Jin softly tells Taehyung who freezes and holds his tiger tighter.

"In a coma?" Taehyung asks with a quiet voice and teary eyes.

"Yes, she was brought to the hospital by a passerby. According to the care facility, she died while in surgery. They revived her, but she's been in a coma ever since. Some old man has a charity that pays for unknown people in comas." Jin softly explains to the crying beta.

"She's been alone all this time." Taehyung cries and leans into Jungkook's chest.

"Let's go." Jungkook softly tells his mate and motions for Jin to go with them.

"I'll stay here and make sure that the Luna stays safe." Jimin waves to them as they leave the apartment.

"Thank you, Hyung." Jungkook smiles and gently leads Taehyung out of the apartment.

"Do I look ok? I'm seeing Eomma for the first time after so long." The beta murmurs as he looks down at the clothes he's wearing.

"You look beautiful and comfortable. That is exactly how your Eomma wants to see you." Jungkook smiles and kisses his mate's forehead.

The sweet beta frets the entire drive to the care facility. His mate is very supportive and helps Taehyung in any way he can to help him feel better.

When they pull up to the facility, Namjoon is waiting there for them with the owner of the facility and the man who is paying to keep Taehyung's mother alive.

The beta nervously gets out of the car and walks behind his mate as he observes the two strangers. He is beyond grateful to them because they are the ones caring for his mother, but he is still nervous to meet them.

"Can you give us the details you know?" Jungkook asks when they walk over to the two men.

"Of course. So, she was brought to the hospital one late December 30th. She had been attacked and had internal bleeding. The doctors did everything they could, but she hasn't woken up yet. She's not braindead. She could wake up any moment or never at all." The owner explains and hands her file to Jungkook who carefully looks over it.

"I heard that you have found her child. Is he here?" The man who has been paying to keep her alive asks them.

"I'm here." Taehyung answers and steps out from behind Jungkook.

"You look just like her. I bring flowers to all of the people I am caring for and pray for them." The man softly smiles at the nervous beta.

"We'll take over paying for her hospital bills. This facility seems very well ran, so we will leave her in your care." Jungkook smiles and looks at Taehyung to see if he agrees. The beta nods at his mate with a grateful smile.

"Can I go see her now?" Taehyung asks and looks at the front doors with longing.

"Of course. Follow me." The owner smiles and leads them into the facility.

As they walk towards the room, Taehyung reaches over and grabs Jungkook's hand for support. The alpha intertwines their fingers and smiles down at his mate to reassure him.

"This is her room." The owner tells them and reaches for the door handle to open the door.

"I should have brought her flowers. I didn't even think about it." Taehyung nervously mutters and tightens his grip on his mate's hand.