Chapter 28: Crimson Snow

"Taehyung! Stop! You need to heal!" Hoseok shouts as Taehyung walks out of the building to re-join the fight.

"My pack needs me." Taehyung smiles and walks out of the building.

"The pack needs you alive!" Hoseok argues and tries to pull the injured beta back into the safety of the building.

"Hyung, when Jungkook can't take care of the pack, I take care of the pack. Right now, the pack needs to be protected." The sweet beta softly smiles then turns to his silver wolf and sprints into the fight.

To Hoseok's relief, the Theta fights by Taehyung's side, protecting him from danger. The Theta does everything he can to make sure that Taehyung is safe.

As the days go by, Jin and his alphas stay outside of the Alpha mansion as Jungkook cries of pain echo through the city. He watches with concern as the city burns. The cries of Jungkook's pain and the howls of the fight in the distance keeps the future Theta alert.

"Jin, you should sleep. I'll take watch." Namjoon softly tells the frazzled alpha by his side.

"I can't sleep, not with everything that is going on." Jin answers and smiles at his future mate.

Namjoon nods in understanding and wraps his arms around Jin's waist. As the pair stands watch with their warriors circling and keeping watch, they find peace in each other's presence. They both flinch when they hear Jungkook cry out in pain.

Suddenly, Jin lunges and races towards a nearby alley. Namjoon takes a step forward to follow his lover but stays put because his job is to watch over Jungkook while Jin fights. He relaxes when he hears the intruder's howl of pain followed by silence. When Jin walks out from the alley, Namjoon smiles.

"Looks like they are scouting out the mansion. They are thinking that we would be too tired to keep watch." Jin explains and stands next to Namjoon.

"They will learn just how protective we are of our Alpha." Namjoon growls and flashes his red eyes in anger.

"They will." Jin smiles and rests his head on Namjoon's shoulder.

As the sun sets on the fourth day, the young Theta and Beta see red eyes begin to appear in the alleys surrounding them. Their fighters instantly tighten their circle around the mansion and prepare to fight.

"Joon, since you are injured from the fight with the past Beta, stay and protect the mansion. I will fight with my fighters." Jin tells Namjoon as he prepares to fight the intruders.

"You are the Theta. I will listen to you." Namjoon wants to argue and keep Jin safe, but Jin is right. Right now, Jungkook's safety is their priority.

"Thank you, Joonie." Jin smiles and hugs the alpha he loves then joins his warriors.

Namjoon watches as his lover turns to his majestic brown wolf and races into the alleys. He holds his breath as the smell of blood saturates the air and the snow turns crimson. The cries of the dying wolves and the pained screams from the new Alpha turn the Beta's blood cold.

As the sun sets, Jin comes limping out from one of the dark alleys.

"Jinnie!" The large alpha shouts and runs over to his injured love.

"I'm ok." Jin smiles as he collapses into Namjoon's arms out of exhaustion.

As Namjoon's fighters pull Jin's warriors back to the safety of the mansion, Yoongi and Jimin continue to fight non-stop. Neither of the two alphas leave each other's side as they stifle their exhaustion.

The two alphas constantly bump into each other to let the other know they are still by their side. They both pant in exhaustion as night takes over and leads into the fifth day. If they don't receive more alphas soon, they and their fighters will not make it to the seventh day.