Chapter 32: Infinitely Close

Kim Jiseok looks up from his work when Jin and Namjoon walk into the house. He looks at their intertwined fingers and smiles then motions them over.

"What are you two doing here?" He asks as they sit in the chairs in front of his desk.

"I have a question for you." Jin softly explains and looks at the picture of his mother on his father's desk.

"What is it?" 

"Did you and Eomma know about us?" Jin asks and fidgets with Namjoon's fingers.

"We did." He responds and gently picks up the picture of his mate.

"Then why did you push for me to be with Choi Minna?" Jin murmurs and watches his father longingly smile at the picture in his hand.

"We were trying to protect you from the past Alpha and Beta. We saw you two sneaking around one day and knew. We had seen the many secret glances. The way you two lovingly gaze at each other can never be misinterpreted. We were never going to make you mate her. We knew that Jungkook would change things, so we were pushing it just until Jungkook could change the law. Heesun had heard the past Beta and Alpha discussing you two. She quickly brought her concerns to us, so we had Choi Minna return." Jiseok explains and gently traces the picture of his mate.

Jin starts crying when he hears his father's answer. He had resented his parents when they were trying to protect them.

"What about Hoseok's mother? Was she like those two?" Namjoon asks and gently holds Jin in his arms.

"She was like them. I don't know why, but she agreed with them in everything they did. She even tried to stop Hoseok from saving Taehyung when he was severely injured. I was surprised and angered." Jiseok softly sighs and closes his eyes. All of the friends he grew up with are dead. His one and only love is dead.

Jin whimpers when he sees the pain in his father's eyes. Jiseok quickly smiles when he hears his son's whimper.

"What were our parents like?" Jimin asks when he and Yoongi walk into the room. They had decided to talk to the only person who knew their parents.

"They were beyond kind and the most vocal against the past Alpha and Beta's cruel decisions. Yoongi, your mother was the Gamma. She was strong and never afraid to speak her mind while your father was kind and gentle. They were complete opposites, so when they told everyone that they were in love, we were beyond shocked. Your father always supported your mother's decisions. They were absolutely in love with you the moment you were born. We could never hear the end of it as they poured their endless love over you. Jimin, your father was the Eta. He was wild and never listened to anyone. Your mother was the only person who could tell him what to do. We would always laugh when your large alpha father would seem to shrink when your tiny omega mother would chastise him. Your parents' pure hearts and courage are what angered the past Alpha and Beta the most. Your parents' deaths are also what silenced me. I became a coward when they died. I looked at my mate and two boys and shut my mouth. I should have fought for them, but I couldn't. As I watched Jin and Eunwoo play while my mate snuggled in my arms, I became afraid and abandoned your parents. I am sorry." Jiseok sobs towards the end and hugs the picture of his mate.

"We could never blame you for anything. Your family comes first. We completely understand." Jimin quickly tries to calm the older alpha's cries.

"I still lost her in the end." Jiseok sobs and sobs as his body shakes.

"You didn't lose Eomma. Remember, she's waiting for you. You have to live a happy life, so you can face her with a smile. She wouldn't want to see you crying." Jin quickly moves around the desk and pulls his father into a hug.