Chapter Eight.

P.S: That I decided to complete this book here doesn't mean you'd copy my work.

Do not copy my work.
I put my blood sweat and tears into perfecting it to my ability.
Even though it is not edited yet.

So please respect yourself and respect me by just being a reader.

Love y'all.

**********

                 *Episode 8*

EPISODE 8_ JOB HUNTING

It was a bright Saturday morning, Catherine dressed up in a pair of tight high waisted jeans and a white crop top ready to hit the streets and look for a job.

She just couldn't keep depending on her uncle to pay all her bills when she knew that what her uncle gives her can't even by half of what she needed.

She put on her make-up and wore a nude lipstick on her lips then sprayed deodorant on her body; to smell good.

After finishing with the basics, she grabbed her backpack and her phone then walked out of the room.

Luckily for her, her uncle and Vivian weren't around, as usual they went on a vacation without her, it wasn't the first time it happened and she knew that it won't be the last.

Catherine walked inside the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water, after drinking the water she put the cup back inside the fridge and walked out of the kitchen.
She walked out of the house and locked the door then kept a spare key behind the flower pot before walking down the street.

Catherine saw a big hotel along the street, it was actually a very popular hotel, the restaurant that students and workers frequent. She never ate in the restaurant before because she knew the bills would be expensive but when she saw a poster saying that they are in need of workers, she had to go and check it out. 

"Hello, welcome to Montego hotels, do you have a reservation?" A waitress asked as she walked towards Catherine.

Catherine shook her head and pointed at the poster outside. "I was looking around and saw the poster, I'll like to know what kind of job it is "
The  waitress smiled and told Catherine to follow her, the waitress led Catherine towards a closed door.
The waitress knocked on the door and waited for permission before going in.

Catherine was nervous as she and the waitress stood before the door.

Will they accept her? Or will they not.

She bit on her nails and closed her eyes trying to secretly build up her confidence.

"Come in," A voice said from inside the room, Catherine straightened immediately and her heart skipped.
It was the first time she will be working for anyone and she'd be lying if she say that she wasn't scared.

The hotel is a very big one, her monthly salary will help her a lot.
"Follow me," the waitress said as she pushed the door open and walked inside.

When they walked inside, Catherine stood there staring around the office. It was huge and expensive looking. The leather couch in the middle of the office were posh and looked so comfortable. Catherine wanted nothing more than to go there and sit down but she knew she had more important mission ahead.

"Karla, who is this young lady with you?" Mr Malcom, the hotel manager asked.

"Sir, this is…."

"Catherine, my name is Catherine." Catherine quickly responded.

"Yes, right. This is Catherine, she saw the poster outside and came in to look for a job." Karla said. Mr Malcom smiled and offered Catherine a seat then dismissed Karla.

Catherine sat down on a chair and placed her backpack on her lap.

"So Catherine, have you worked in a restaurant before? As you must have known, Montego hotels is a popular hotel in New York and the cities around, we are running out of waitresses and we will like to hire new ones, so do you have any experience and how old are you?" Mr Malcom questioned.

It was a question Catherine was dreading. She has never worked for anyone before, this is a huge step to her adulthood and she was very scared. What if they don't want a newbie?

" I'm 17 years old, Sir. And no, I haven't work anywhere before this is actually my first time but Sir, I promise to work really hard, I'm a student at RHS, I'm not looking for a full-time job but a part-time job to help myself with. I am a hard worker, I can wash plates inside the kitchen and I can even wipe tables if you want, I can…." Catherine went on and on, Mr Malcom smiled and shook his head in amusement.

"Teenagers are always impatient, I just asked you a question in which you could have replied with yes or no, but you chooses to narrate a long article to me. Nevertheless, I like the way you told me the truth, so I'll like to have you as one of the waitresses, your turn starts every 3:50pm and close by 8:00pm, you'll be paid daily since you're a student, a sum of $11 per hour, are you interested in my offer, Catherine?"

If she could work for four hours everyday then she would be leaving the restaurant with $44 everyday.

There are somethings she could do with that money.

"Yes, Sir. Thank you, Mr…."

"David Malcom, you can call me Mr Malcom if you want."

"Yes, thank you, Mr Malcom. You won't be disappointed." Catherine said enthusiastically.

"You can start from tomorrow, report to my office by 3:50pm tomorrow, good luck to you, Catherine." Mr Malcom said in a dismissive tone. Catherine smiled and quickly stood up from her chair.

"Yes, thank you once again, Mr Malcom."
When Catherine walked out of the office and towards the main restaurant, she saw Karla carrying a tray of empty food.

Catherine walked up to the much older lady and smiled.

"Hi, I got the job, thank you so much!"

"That's good to hear, baby. Congratulations to you, when are you starting?" Karla asked.

"Yes, I'll be resuming tomorrow afternoon, are you on afternoons or mornings?" Catherine asked the other woman.

"It depends on the schedule, it is not always the same all the time," Karla responded and glanced forward then she sighed. "I'll see you when I see you."

Catherine walked out of Montego hotels as the happiest girl in the world, she was just feeling it.
Feeling like a bad bitch finally leaving for herself.

T.b.c