Chapter 41

Ace's POV:

I was looking for Catherine inside the hall but had no idea that she was frolicking with Anitra.

Why the hell can't she stay away from him?  Why does she need me to force her before she can hear what I say to her?  Why she's so stubborn?

I have never known Catherine as a stubborn person,  but well, I don't know her anymore she have changed a lot.

She couldn't even remember the fact that I used to call her butterfly,  she couldn't even remember that she loves butterflies.

I can't help but get angry, she always provoke me every single time and everytime I try to hurt her she look up to me with that blue doll eyes of hers and  I don't know what to do again.

She kept on pushing me,  pushing me and pushing me and I know that it won't be long till I get to my breaking point and she would have to realise that I'm not playing with her.

And then she will realise that it is so much more than she thought it is.

My little naughty butterfly,  have your little fun when you can because from now on the game has just started.

I want towards them and she stopped laughing. Why? I want you to see her laughing.

"You are my date but you left me and went ahead with someone else."  I said to her, she brushed her hair behind her hair and glanced up at me.

I have this feeling I have been having a feeling whenever she looked at me like that.

Somehow Catherine Meyers still loves me even when she can't remember anything.

Anitra grabbed her hand and pulled her to himself.

"Why?  is your ego hurt?  are you jealous? she was out here all alone and I was here on time to keep her busy, no let me rephrase that. 'I was here on time to keep her company' .

So where were you?  you were supposed to be her date but you were nowhere to be found, I stepped in so I'm her date now." Anitra said, a challenging look on his face.

His words got me to a boiling point.

He knew how to make me angry,  he knew how to piss me off.  He knew what he was doing and I swear to f****** God,  if he hurt her I'm going to kill him,  nobody is allow to hurt her except me,  nobody is allow to make life hell for her except me.

Anybody else that does is fighting me directly.

I slowly walk towards them while staring intently at Anitra's face.

I could see the uneasiness oozing out of Catherine's body.

She was trying to remove her hand from Anitra's but he refused.

"You must have forgotten where you belong to in this school, Steele. Isn't your family business going south side? Isn't your Daddy crying to mother for help the other day?" I asked mockingly while smiling at him. The smile on his face left him instantly and he became expressionless. He squeezed his leg hand tightly and clenched his jaw.

He was angry.

"I think you have a more pressing issue to attend to instead of a woman, don't you think so?" I questioned, I chuckled softly and dipped my hands inside my pants pocket. "Should I call uncle Aiden and tell him what you're trying to do? Are you really thinking about punching me right now? Veronica Hampton won't be happy, and you of all people know how she is angry,  when her only son is hurt."

Catherine glared at me and stepped forward.

"Why are you doing this? Even if his daddy came to your mama for help you don't have the right to tell his business to the public the shit happened in private. I know that you're a jerk but I never knew you are like this to your friend, you disgust me." She said, her eyes staring deeply into my eyes.

My lip turned up and I chuckled.

"Why? Do you pity him?" I asked. She shook her head and turned to face Anitra.

"Let's go inside, please ignore him." She begged him.

It made me angry and excited at the same time because I know she would come back.

Anitra chuckled softly and took Catherine's hand.

"Before you go, remember the fact that I picked to from home, you wouldn't want your uncle to know that you're jumping from one guy to the other." I told her and she walked towards me in a quick long stride.

I know what to expect.

She raised her hand and I quickly grabbed it then pulled her closer to me.

"Don't try that, butterfly. Nobody dares to hit me, ever." I told her and slowly kissed her lips while staring at Anitra, I winked at him and pulled Catherine closer to me.

She pushed me off her and stepped back.

"I don't know what to do with you, Ace.  You confuse me and I am confused.

I need to stay the hell away from you." She said and walked back inside the school.

"Good luck with whatever is going through your head, bro. She is mine now."

Yours? You must be joking Anitra Steele.

She can't be with anyone else who isn't Ace Hampton.

I am imprinted in her soul and body.

She belongs to me, alone.

But I let him run with the little narrative that Catherine is now his,  because I know that she will be back to me and then I will play my game the way I want it.

I bring out my phone from my pants pocket and dialed dialed a number on my phone.

"What's your status?" I inquired impatiently.

"You were right, Mrs Hampton is currently looking for the girl named Catherine Meyers and she's planning to reopen the case upon finding her.

According to my data, Catherine Meyers is a senior in Riverdale highschool and she lives with her uncle at block b 23 New York." The informant said.

"Good. Make sure to keep mother off the case for just a few days, I need to do something." I said to him.

"Copy that, boss."

****