Chapter 71

71

Catherine's POV:

I stood in the luggage area with a template of Talia's name raised. The girl insisted that I pick her up from the airport and I have no objection.

She won't allow anything other than a 'yes'.

My best friend is crazy.

"Zooming out on me are we?" A voice asked and I quickly snapped out of my thoughts.

I wrapped my hands around her waist and hugged her to myself "I missed you so much,"

She laughed and patted my back.

"I've missed you too girl friend, you look good." She said and I smiled.

Do I?

I don't think so.

I placed her suitcase inside the trunk of my car and walked around the car to climb on the driver's seat.

"Wow,  I don't remember the last time I came to London, it has been so long. the last time I came here was with my father and that was when I was I think 12 or 13,"  Talia said while glancing at the window.

"You have been to so many places you even fly when you were just 12 that is wonderful, not many people can say that I can't imagine the number of people wishing to leave their home country and go to the country of their choice but finances and all the circumstances kept them back it is so sad whenever I think about the possibility of such thing happening."

Talia sighed softly "I am hungry do you have something that I can eat at home or can we just go to a nearby restaurant and eat."  She queried.

Talia has always been a hater I remember when I was in New York whenever I visit her house she always has different foods that she is going to eat it is crazy though because after consuming such amounts of food she remains the same our body shape remains the same such a strong gene.

"Of course I had Margaret make a special food for you and it is our own so you don't have to worry,"  I responded.

I'm still with my mum she didn't let me leave when I wanted to she said I'm going to be staying at the mansion for some time. I guess she is worried about me because of all the things that happened and me thinking it is just her being careful.

I drove inside the compound and park the car in the garage before coming down.

"I can't believe that you had summer break before us it is crazy we are just starting the exams," I said to her when she got out of the car.

"Well, the academic system between the United States of America and the United Kingdom is not the same thing they don't do things in the same cell the academic system will be different too," Talia responded and yawned.

She glanced around the huge compound and her eyes widened.

"Catherine baby,  I don't want to sound as if I am nagging you just immediately after I stepped into your compound but I'm confused. You and your mother are in this heavy situation that you don't even know if you're going to come out of it intact,  f*** that you don't even know if you're going to come out of it alive but here you are living in this big mansion when you can do with a penthouse. what the f*** do you and your mum and Margaret need this big house for?  I mean it's good it's beautiful but you are not in the kind of situation where you need to show off.

Baby, I know that you didn't buy it nor know when it was bought but you have to advise your mum,  do away with the things that you don't need much do away with the expensive shits and sort out your problem first." Talia advise.