Chapter Nineteen

EPISODE 19_ Confusion.

Ace walked inside the cafeteria and his eyes quickly searched the place. He was looking for one girl and when he finally saw her she was with someone else; Anitra.
"What is she doing with Steele?" Liam asked, Ace ignored him and started walking up to them.
When he got to where they were he took her hand and started dragging her out of the cafeteria.

"You are hurting me." Catherine cried out but he didn't say a word. His face was as cold as stone. He pulled her to a deserted corner of the school where the students don't go.
He released her hand with a jerk.
She loosed her balance for a moment, she looked up at him,her face clouded with anger.

How dare him!
How dare him treat her like a dog, how dare him do this to her?
She wasn't a violent person but Ace made her want to smack him across the face.

"What were you doing with him?" He asked calmly.
She swallowed the lump in her throat and sighed.
"We were just talking." She whispered.

Ace raised his eyebrows at her and his jaw clenched.
"Did you just lied to me, kitten? Steele won't talk to you unless it has to do with me, now tell me the truth or else....." He threatened.

She swallowed hard and rubbed her palms against each other.
As much as she doesn't want to tell him what he wanted to hear, she couldn't risk his anger either.
Ace is a beast when he is angry and she didn't want that for herself.

"He wanted to be friends with me, I swear it was just that." Catherine said, her voice shaky at the end of her sentence.

Ace's face was blank. She searched his face to know what he might be thinking. If he's angry or not but she couldn't determine anything with his numb reaction.

"Friends? You belongs to me, Catherine. We have already agreed on that. Why the fuck will you go ahead and entertain Steele? You disappoint me, kitten. I'm hurt." He said mockingly.

Catherine doesn't understand if he was angry or not, she sighed softly and tried grabbing him but he was ahead of her, he wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her closer to himself.
He stared into her eyes for a minute and his jaw clenched.
He slammed his lips on hers, kissing her.

She tried to wrap a hand around him immediately her hands touched his neck I pushed her away.  he stared at her with a blank look before turning around and walk away.
Catherine stood there confused and angry. why is it that every time he gets to walk away and every time he comes back and acts like he owns her life. she was angry at herself for being so dumb, for being so vulnerable for him to do whatever it pleases with.

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and tried to calm her breath before walking out of the secluded place where he brought her to.
She walks back to the cafeteria, immediately she walked in everybody's eyes was on her. she closed her eyes briefly and walked toward the table where Talia was sitting down.

"Are you okay?" Talia asked her and she nodded her head. She sat down on a chair and grabbed her fork.

She was quiet throughout the lunch break, even though Talia tried to make her smile it all turned futile.
Catherine left school that evening and went home as usual, she was expecting an empty house but unfortunately for her, her uncle and Vivian are back!

***
After getting ready for her shift at Montego hotel, she grabbed her backpack and climbed downstairs only to meet her uncle in the living room.

"Where are you going Catherine?" He asked her.
She struggled to come up with an answer. if she tells him the truth he will somehow stop giving her the little money he used to give her so the only option she had was to lie.

"I'm going to visit my friend, uncle. We have to work on a project together." She responded almost too calmly.
Her uncle glanced at her backpack and then his watch.

"Your curfew is before ten, make sure you're back by then." He told her and she nodded.

"Yes, uncle."

Catherine rushed out of the house so fast and hit the street. When she was about ten blocks away from her house before she slowed down.

She took in a deep breath and sighed.
For how long will she keep lying to her uncle?
For as long as it takes for her to make a reasonable amount of money.
She have less than a month in college. Things will surely be fine before then.

"You're late today, Catherine. Everything okay?"Hailey asked immediately she walked in, she nodded her head and smiled.

"I'm okay, just having a bad day nothing serious." She responded.
She walked inside your changing room and dropped her backpack, she grabbed her phone and checked to know if anybody called her, after checking her phone she put it on a silent mode, put it back inside her backpack and zip it up  before walking out of the changing room.

it is forbidden to have a phone on you while working at Montego restaurant so you know in  order not to get fired she had to follow the rules which means no phones.

"Sweetheart, you're here, that's a good thing. we are low on staffs today and as you can see we have a lot of people here especially we need someone behind the back can you please can you do double shifts tonight? I promise your pay for the day will be worth it.?" Karla asked, Catherine was confused on what to reply Carla if this had happened before hi Uncle came back from is if a question then she wouldn't have minded but now a curfew is before 10 p.m. can she finish a shift before then, Montego hotels closes by 11 p.m. maybe she can do it.

"If I'm going 2 oz a double shifts then my pay will be good because I need the money I really do I hope it's was worth it after everything." Catherine said with a sigh.

"It will worth it sweetheart, it will."

Catherine checked her wrist watch for the tenth time, it was 9:30 pm. She looked up and saw Karla walking towards the kitchen.

"Karla, can I talk to you for a second?" She asked.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Humm, I just want to remind you that I will be going home by 9:50 pm, my curfew is 10pm." She said. Karla glanced around the restaurant and sighed. A lot of people are still there and the tables are all occupied.

"I'm sure Mr Malcom will pay you triple, Catherine. As you can see it's just me and you and Hailey." Karla said and grabbed her hand. "Please, you can find something to tell your uncle."

Catherine doesn't know what to do. She really need to be at home before her curfew time. What is she going to do now?
Lie to her uncle or forget about the money she's going to get if she stay back?

What is she going to do now?

T.b.c

Vote and comment ❣️