Chapter 82

82

Ace ordered for steak while Catherine ordered for fried rice and chicken breast.

They eat quietly for a while before Catherine broke the silence.

"I've been wanting to ask you this, why did you changed your mind? About two to three weeks ago you didn't even want to see me." She said, Ace dropped his cutleries on top of his plate and stared up at her.

He was trying to compose his words in his head before saying it out. He didn't want his words to come out wrong. No mistakes was allowed. He couldn't do something that would make her start doubting him and his genuineness.

"At that time I was still engaged with Chelsey and I would like to point out the fact that I was still angry at you for breaking up with me. I might be a lot of things but not a cheater." He said and cocked his head to the side, "To be honest, I wanted to make it work with Chelsey. I wanted to let you go but now I realize how foolish I was. Chelsey wasn't the one for me, it is you, my Butterfly."

He stretched his hand across the table filled with foods and a bottle of champagne,  glasses and candle lights then wiped the side of her lips with his thumb, wiping out the rice grease from her lip.

Catherine's breath itched as she heard him. He was brutally honest with her.

She smiled nervously and picked up her glass of wine then took a sip. She wasn't expecting him to be so straight forward. She was expecting the 'Ace' kind of answer but she got something else.

The one she never imagined.

"What do you want with me this time, Ace? I don't want to be a play toy. I'm tired already. I am not in the kind of situation where I want to be disrespected. Are you here to play with me until your mother finds you another rich girl or you really want to rekindle our relationship?" Catherine questioned. She wants a relationship that would last long. A relationship she can relax in and not worry about Mrs Hampton finding him a well to-do wife soon.

"It will be whatever you want it to be. Go on a vacation with me. Let's spend some weeks together. Alone. We both deserves that much. Let's spend the summer together." He uttered. Catherine was short of words. A vacation? She never imagined Ace saying that to her.

"Why?" She whispered.

"Because I want to spend it with you. Is that too much to ask for?" He asked, his head cocked to the side and his lips pulled up in a smirk.

That wasn't too much to ask for. She was just surprised.

Her hands shook and she hid them behind the table. "Okay. Let's do it." She muttered to him.

Ace smiled and picked his cutleries and cut out a piece of steak and placed it inside her plate. "Eat up." He said,she blushed furiously and nodded her head.

****

"What's up with you and Ace? Are you back together?" Talia asked and threw some berries inside her mouth. Catherine glanced away from the washing machine and smiled at Talia.

"Yes. He is taking me on a vacation soon." She responded.

"Where? Aunt Veronica have several vacation houses all over the world. Dubai, London, Jamaica, Miami, Name it." Talia said. She wasn't even surprised that they were back together. It was bound to happen. Catherine is that kind of girl who swear not to do something and after a little persuasion she'd agree.

"I don't know yet. Whichever one he chooses is okay by me." She muttered and walked out of the laundry room with Talia trailing after her. "I just have to pack some few things and we will be off by tomorrow."