Chapter 36

EPISODE 36

Catherine's POV:

We were both silent, there was absolutely nothing to say.

I was nervous and scared about whatever it is  that Ace might be thinking.

I glanced at him through the corner of my eyes, trying to catch a glimpse of the Ace I know but he was just so focused on driving. I couldn't find anything.

"Have you gotten yourself a date for tomorrow's prom night?" He suddenly asked me.

"No." I whispered. No one wants me as a date.

"Would you mind being my date tomorrow? as you can see I don't have a date myself." He told me.

Stop playing with my heart Ace. Just stop it.

so why in the hell would he want me to be his date?

"But why?" I questioned curiously. "You can have Kisa or any other girl as your date."

He smirked and glanced at me through the corner of his eyes.

" But they are not you," he responded.

Wow! I can't believe this. I can't believe what is happening right now.

The gate was pulled open and Ace drove inside the compound, he parked the car in an empty space in the garage and we both came down from the car.

I took in a deep breath before following him towards the door.

I wonder what Talia would be thinking when she sees us both together.

She might freak out.

Ace pressed the doorbell while I waited for the door to open.

He pressed it the second time before the door was pulled open by Talia's Dad.

He was surprised to see me and Ace, I could see it in his eyes he was surprised and confused as well.

"Ace, I wasn't expecting you here." Talia's dad said when we stepped inside the house.

"Yes, I wasn't planning to come here but I saw Catherine on the way so I decided to come here and talk to you about something." Ace responded.

We walked inside the living room and there was Talia and her younger sister.

Her eyes widened when she saw me and Ace. she raised her eyebrows but I subtly shook my head.

"Hi Scott." Ace greeted Talia.

This is also another surprising thing that has happened today.

Ace greeted Talia,  for about 3 months now since I met Talia Scott, I've never seen Ace talking to her or looking away so why on earth is it happening right now at this moment.

"Hi," Talia said calmly and glanced at me.

"Okay, come on Ace,  let's go to my office. " Talia's dad said to him.

After Ace and Talia's dad left,  I rushed towards Talia.

"What was that all about?  A lot of surprising stuff has been happening since I met Ace this afternoon. I don't understand what is going on. I don't know what gets into him, he has been acting really strange,  he is acting as if he is someone else. I don't understand. " I said as I sat down beside Talia on the couch.

Talia chuckled and grabbed a strawberry from the tray in front of her.

"How did you bith run into each other and what on earth is surprising about Ace? Acd is the kind of guy that does something people don't expect, he is  like this kind of person that does whatever he wants to do even if people don't expect it. '' She told me, and to be honest she was right. Because today just proves that he can be a mean person in a second and be a sweet person the next.

No, I am not raising my hopes high when I know that he's going to crush it when he feels like doing so.

"So what brought you here? I wasn't expecting you today. I thought you were going to meet in school tomorrow at prom. "

I sighed softly and bit into my hamburger.

" I just needed some place to go to,  I didn't want to go back home and listen to whatever Vivian had to say to me. She just pisses me off. " I whispered.

" Ace asked me to be his date tomorrow." I said and Talia's eyes widened.

"What! He did what!" Talia exclaimed with bulging eyes. "  He asks you to be his date?  how? I don't understand.  this is the same guy that has been making life hell for you for the past 3 months, why in hell  will he want you to be his date?  What about his fiance?  I don't understand what's going on, so what was your reply? "

I wasn't surprised by Talia's outburst. she was right to do so because it is surprising and even myself haven't come to terms with the fact that it happened.

"I couldn't speak, I was silent and I guess that's a yes to him.  I didn't know what to say. I couldn't say no I was shocked. " I replied and chuckled.

Talia stared at me for a very long time and she sighed softly.  There was that look of disappointment on her face.

"I don't want to believe what I'm noticing about you Catherine, you are f****** in love with Ace Hampton,  how did that happen? where? how?  I don't understand. How can you be in love with him? " She asked me.

Do I have to have a valid reason for my love for him? It was a love at first sight.  it was pure without any motion.

I don't know how to explain it but it was so real,  I feel like every single day it kept growing and growing and I couldn't stop it.

Talia shook her head and glanced at the hallway.

"It's a good thing that we're graduating soon, Ace is going to be leaving for London soon since he applied for university there, you won't be seeing him again and then you can work on this forbidden feelings of yours because it's not going to work, you are just going to get hurt, Catherine. you are only going to get hurt, Ace will not reciprocate your feelings. " Talia told me.

Talia was right. It is time I try to let go, it is time I try to see things as they are.

Ace is not the one for me, he is too hot for my head, too rich, too popular,  too cold and hot at the same time,  my head just can't take it and I will just get hurt in the process.

I forced out a smile as I sip on my cappuccino.

"Don't worry. I don't plan on loving him forever." I told her.

" Who are you in love with? Is it Steele?"

I was shocked to see Ace standing about five feet away from us and we didn't even notice him.

He heard what I just said.

"Excuse me?"

"You said you don't plan to love him forever so I was just asking out of curiosity, who is he? Is it Anitra Steele? "  He asked

Okay, right now I'm in a hot soup because what am I going to say to him?  What lie am I going to create in my head right now.

I'm in trouble.