Chapter 37

EPISODE 37

Catherine's POV:

What gave him the right to ask me that kind of question?

I was nervous and angry at the same time.

So yes I'm going to go with his narrative. I'm going to tell him that I'm in love with Anitra Steele  and let's see what he's going to say about it.

"Yes, he is kind to me, he respects my decisions and he treats me like a human being. He is cute, rich and intelligent, so yes,  it is normal for me to be attracted to a guy like him.  I'm in love with him and it is not a crime to be in love. " I responded boldly.

Thank goodness that my voice doesn't waver. I was scared while saying that but it's a good thing that it wasn't obvious in my voice.

Ace stared at me for a long time and shook his head.

What did I expect?  why would he care?  he doesn't like me, he was just having fun with me, a kiss doesn't determine someone's likeness,  who knows how many girls he had kissed since he kissed me. it doesn't matter at all, the earlier I get that sent in my head the better for me.

He chuckled and walked towards me,  he stopped in front of me and squatted down then placed his hand on my cheek.

"I love your courage Catherine and I'm rooting for you." He said with a smirk on his face. " I will pick you up by 7 p.m. tomorrow be ready by then."

He turned around and walked out of the house while I stared at the direction of his exit.

What did I expect?

Stop loving him Catherine I beg of you.

"I told you the earlier you stop this nonsense it better for you I don't want you to get hurt Ace is dangerous,  I want you to stay the f*** away from him and your life will be better I promise you,  it will be a lot better and easier. " Talia told me.

And she might be right, my life will be a lot easier.

I left Talia's house later in the evening and walked back home.

It was already dark and cold.

The journey from Talia's house to mine is about forty minutes, and that forty minutes involves walking down the lonely road to the main road and catching a cab.

Tonight was no different, after leaving Talia's house I put on my earpiece and started walking down the road.

Few minutes into my journey I noticed a car following me. I didn't know what made me turn around when I did, but I did and saw the car.

But I wasn't sure if the car was actually following me so I tried to find out, whenever I started working fast the car also increased its speed and when I lowered my steps the car also slowed down,  that was when I realised that the car was actually following me.

But who could it be? Who could be following me? I have nothing to give.

I was scared.

I didn't know what to do, I don't have a car.

If the occupants of the car want to kidnap right now there is nothing stopping them.

Frightened without any other choice I had to call Talia.

"What's up?  Did you forget something?you just  left the house." She asked me.

" Can..... Can you please drive down the road and pick me up?  I think someone is following me,  a car is following me,  I am not safe here." I mumbled.

" What! A car is following you?" She asked and I hummed.

"Okay, don't panic, just  try to distract them, I'll be there in a few minutes. I'll be down the road in a few minutes just be safe, I'm coming right now."  She told me.

" Okay I'll be waiting."

I continued walking like I was walking before,  looking straight forward without giving it away that I knew that someone was following me.

10 minutes later Talia's car stopped before me.

"Get in." She told me.

I quickly pulled the car door open and got inside the car.

Talia drove off and I glanced at the side mirror.

The car that was following me already stopped.

"Why was the car following you? who are they? what's going on?" She asked me.

" I don't know." I responded with a shake of my head.

Just what in the world is going on with me?  I Don't understand..... I don't get it.

everything seems like something out of the movie.

Talia stopped her car in front of my house and turned her head to look at me.

"You have to be careful,  it is obvious that the car was following you and if I didn't come when I came something might have gone wrong."

I definitely need to be extra careful,  a lot of things are happening these days and it is not something to joke with.

"Don't worry about me,  I'll be alright. I'll be just fine," I told her and pushed the car door open.

When I stepped out of the car I turned around to look at Talia.

"I forgot to ask you earlier, do you have a date for tomorrow?"

She smiled and nodded her head. She was shy.

Shy? Talia?

That's new.

"Who is it?  Is it someone that I know?" I questioned.

She laughed and raised her hand up at me. " You will find out tomorrow don't be faster than your shadow girlfriend."

I laughed and waved at her. She drove away and I turned around to walk inside my house.

Tomorrow is going to be a huge day.

I've already bought a black beautiful long dress for myself and I'm going to the salon tomorrow to get my hair done.

I'm definitely going to look snatched tomorrow.

And Ace is going to see me having fun for the very last time because after tomorrow I pray we don't run into each other anymore.

*****

***UNKNOWN***

She is all grown up.

It is finally time.