Chapter 96

96

Ace sat down on the bed beside Catherine and took her hand that has all sorts of wire fixed on it in his hand and sniffed in.

“I'm sorry, Butterfly.” He whispered. He should have cut out the bullshits and had Chelsey walked out of the restaurant, but for some time he thought that it was cute seeing Catherine stand up for herself.

He had no idea that Chelsey would go to the extent of physically harming her, he never thought of the possibility of such thing happening.

The door was gently pulled opened and a nurse walked in. She smiled at Ace and walked around to Catherine's side of the bed. "Good afternoon, Mr Hampton."she greeted him.

"Good morning, Nurse. " Ace responded calmly. It has been more than 6 hours and Catherine was yet to wake up. It scared him a lot.

The nurse checked the drip connected to Catherine's body and checked her body temperature then write it down on her chart.

."She will wake up very soon. Don't worry." The nurse told him.

He truly hope so.

After the nurse left the room, he placed his hand on her forehead and sighed heavily.

He bent towards her and gently pushed out a strand of her long golden hair from her face. "She is already in the police custody, Butterfly. I won't let her go easily for touching you." He whispered gently.

Ace's phone started ringing and he glanced on it on the bed. He grabbed the phone and stood up from the bed, he took a few steps away from the bed before answering the phone call.

"Yes, Mother." He groaned.

"I want an explanation why you allowed this to happen and most importantly why there are footages online. I had to get it all removed in the past 1 hours, what is going on, Ace ? Why did you let Chelsey Black get close to you not to talk of hitting your wife in the head." Veronica Hampton asked calmly but she was anything but calm.

Ace brushed back his hair and sighed softly, his eyes cut towards Catherine who was still laying still on the bed and he squeezed his eyes shut, berating himself.

"She was defending herself. I didn't know that Chelsey will take things this far." He said and walked back to the bed when he noticed a slight change in Catherine's posture.

"Butterfly?" He called and she slightly opened her eyes. He smiled brightly at her and sat down beside the bed.

"She just woke up, Mother. I'll talk to you later."

"Put her on the phone this minute." Veronica Hampton said, Ace balled his hand into a fist and chuckled bitterly.

"You know what, Mom? No can do. She is my wife and will only listen to me, not you. If you want to talk to her you don't have to make it sound like a command."He snarled. "She'll talk to you when she is better, as for now, I can't give her the phone."

Ace dropped the phone and grinned widely at his wife.

"How are you feeling?" He inquired consciously.

She smiled a little and opened her mouth to talk but suddenly stopped. Then she tried again. "Water. I need water." She mumbled.

Ace walked towards the fridge inside the VIP room and brought out a bottle of water. He stared at the water and then at her. "I'm not sure if it is advisable for you to drink water immediately after waking up, Butterfly. I'll call a nurse to check up on you." He said and pressed the blue button that was against the wall.