Chapter 74

~You let me go first, now I have to do the same~

Episode 74

Mrs Meyers is seated in her office and before her is Mrs Hampton who was sitting down on a couch with her lawyer.

Mrs Hampton was going through the company's documents with her lawyer and was ready to sign it as soon as possible while Mrs Meyers watched on.

There was nothing she could do.

This was her last chance.

"Can you sign it already? We don't have much time left." Mrs Meyers said, her eyes constantly shifting to the door.

She was anxious about the fact that her daughter might barge in and destroy everything.

Veronica Hampton grabbed a pen from her bag and with a smirk on her lips, she sighed her name on the documents with the instructions of her lawyer.

After signing the documents it was passed to Mrs Meyers and she signed it as well. The company was officially a Hampton property.

"I just transferred $1 billion pounds to your account, hope you can manage it." Veronica said and chuckled. "You can start packing up your belongings now, the company needs a Hampton's touch in it."

Mrs Meyers stared at the alert on her phone screen and her hands shook.

The company was worth more.

Very much more.

But going bankrupt has reduced it's value and Veronica Hampton made use of this opportunity to buy it at a low rate.

A company that should have been sold in no lesser than $15 billion dollars was sold for $1 billion pounds instead.

What a shame.

*******

Ace was sitting down on a couch inside the living room watching TV when his apartment door was unlocked and Chelsey walked in.

She walked towards him and kissed his lips before sitting down.

"Hey Babe." She said excitedly.

"Hey, what's going on?" Ace asked carefully. Ever since Catherine visited him two days ago he hasn't been himself.

How could she suddenly want him back when she left him first.

How could she make him feel like a cheater when she was standing there and having Anitra kiss her forehead when she was about to board a jet.

She didn't thought about how he would feel when she broke up with him and now it is time for him not to feel too.

To hell with Catherine Meyers and yes to a new future together with his soon-to-be wife.

With Chelsey he would take over the world.

He needed a strong woman beside him and not someone with a chicken feet.