Chapter 54

EPISODE 54

Catherine's POV:

I was surprised.

How and when did he plan this? I was dumbstruck.

I glanced at him and he was silently gauging my reaction, his eyes following my every move.

"This is so sweet of you, Babe." I said and kissed his lips. "Thank you."

He smiled and led me towards the table.

I loved this.

I loved it. I loved everything about this.

Ace has been super sweet to me that I don't even know how to react. I don't want to think about that boy that made life hell for me in high school, I want to think about this boy that cared for me and made me. He is everything I ever wanted.

He pulled out a chair for me and I sat down. He walked to the other side and sat down on his chair as well.

He looked up at me and smiled, his dimple becoming more visible.

How could someone be so beautiful? How could he be blessed with the beauty of five people? Just how?

He opened one of the plates and I smiled.

Bite sized pasta. He opened the second one and my eyes widened, fried chicken? Oh my goodness. He was trying to get me fat.

The next dish was risotto and chocolate cake for dessert.

He was making me fall in love with him even more. I couldn't hold back my smile. It was written all over my face. I was impressed and happy.

"Wow, I can't believe this Ace. You really got me. I am impressed. " I told him and he grinned widely.

" I'm glad you like it. Now let's eat. " He told me and I nodded my head.

****

I sat down inside the bathtub and closed my eyes. I had a lot of fun with Ace today.

I was so happy.

We looked so good together.

I could see it in his eyes too, he was happy.

For a while I forgot how messed up my life was. For a while I thought that I could be a normal person like I'd always wanted,  that I could just be a nobody that he fell in love with.

I didn't want to be the heiress of a million dollars company, I didn't want to be the girl his mother had a grudge against. I want to be a girl he was in love with. Just a simple girl.

There were these feelings in the back of my mind telling me that the worst was yet to come.

Uncle Alex and Vivian have yet to try and contact me since I found out the truth and left their house. I don't believe that they would back off just like that. A man that went to a great length to kill his only brother because of greed can never give up just like that. I know this, and I'm scared.

I was so scared about what's to come.

What will happen in the future?

If there are still enemies like Uncle Alex waiting and awaiting their time for the right time to strike.

I was very scared.

I sighed and stood up from the bathtub, I opened the glass door and grabbed my towel from the door.

I walked inside my room with my towel in my hand and sat down before my vanity.

This is fucked up.

I didn't tell him that I'll be leaving in two days.

I was such a coward. I couldn't do it.

I couldn't find it in me to say anything to him.

I felt like if I said something then he would be sad. I don't want him to be sad.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Talia's number.

    "Hey girl, what's up?" She asked. I sighed softly and closed my eyes. I felt shitty.

"I don't know how I feel , girl, it's definitely not great." I responded, I heard her shuffling around before it stopped.

"What's going on? You and Ace had an argument? What happened?" He asked frantically.

"I am leaving for London in two days, this time it might be permanent." I said and her breath caught. She went silent for a while before whispering.

"You are leaving?"

"It wasn't by choice, Talia. Mom said I had to. She left for London today and a private jet will be picking me up on Sunday morning." I replied.

"Wow." She muttered under her breath. "Did you tell Ace?"

I shook my head lightly as if she could see me. "No, I was scared to tell him."

"Don't make any mistakes, girlfriend. You better tell him now before it's too late. I will come over tomorrow." She told me and I nodded my head.

"Good night." I whispered before I hung up the phone.

I am fucked.

I put on my pajamas and walked out of my room. When I got to the dining room I saw Margaret setting the table.

"I made lasagna for dinner. I hope you don't mind?" She asked and I nodded my head.

I sat down on my chair and started eating.

When I returned to my room after dinner, I laid down on my bed and grabbed my phone from the nightstand drawer.

My eyes widened when I saw the messages and missed calls from Ace.

When did he call?

Probably when I was downstairs, I left my phone inside my room while downstairs.

I dialed his number and placed the phone against my ear.

It rang out for the first time without him picking up and I tried it again but he wasn't picking up.

I quickly sent him a message.

'HEY BABE, I HAD NO IDEA WHEN YOU WERE CALLING. PLEASE CALL ME BACK WHEN YOU SEE THIS'

I switched off the side lamp and closed my eyes.

Did something happen? Why wasn't he picking my calls?

I was restless.

I wanted to talk to him so badly but it was late and I couldn't drive at this time nor could I go to his house.

A message came through and I quickly grabbed my phone, hoping that it was Ace but he wasn't the one.

Mrs Veronica Hampton.