Chapter Nine

EPISODE 9_ CURIOUS ABOUT YOU.

It was a Sunday afternoon, Catherine was ready to start her job at Montego hotels, she was wearing a tight black jeans trouser and a blue second hand shirt.

She knew that she was going to change into another dress immediately she get to Montego hotels so she didn't bother to wear her best dress.

She grabbed her backpack from her bed and hurried out of the room.
Few minutes later she was out of the house and on her way to Montego hotels which was about ten minutes walk from her house.

Upon Catherine's arrival in Montego hotels, she went to Mr Malcolm's office. She knocked on the door waiting for the man to invite her in, when he did, she slowly push the door open and walked inside then closed it behind her.

"Good afternoon, Mr Malcom." Catherine greeted.

"Oh, Catherine. How are you, dear?" Mr Malcom asked her.

"I am fine, Sir. You told me to report to you when I arrive today, here I am." She said. Mr Malcom nodded his head and stood up from his chair, he rounded his huge mahogany desk and sat down on a couch at the center of his office.

Catherine was worried, what if Mr Malcom decided that she wasn't qualified for the job? What if he cook up a story that doesn't make sense?
There was so many 'what ifs' going through her mind but she couldn't voice it out.

"I will have to tell you a few rules about this hotel, Catherine.  Firstly, you will respect the customers even when they are clearly disrespecting you. Remember the rules; the customer is always right. No matter what a customer do to you, make sure to report to me first before taking any action, is that clear?" Mr Malcom asked her.

"Yes, Mr Malcom."

"Secondly, I don't tolerate lateness, I like strict and disciplined employees so you'll have to keep that in mind too."

"Yes, Sir."
After another two rules, a t-shirt was handed over to her,it was a yellow shirt with Montego hotels logo branded boldly on it.

Catherine walked out of Mr Malcolm's office and took in a deep breath.

I can do this, she thought.

She looked left and right, and when she saw no one coming, she pulled of her shirt and wear the one Mr Malcom gave her. She kept her shirt inside her bag and zip her backpack.

"You must be the new girl, I am Hailey, Karla told me about you." The girl, Hailey said excitedly.
She was obviously a talkative.

Catherine smiled and quietly push a strand of her golden hair behind her ear.

"Come, I'll show you the changing room and everything else you need to know! We're going to have fun together, I just knew it." Catherine was just smiling at her without knowing what to say.
As a girl, her aunt has always made her feel less about herself. Her low self-esteem was caused by the constant abuse she was subjected to in the hands of her aunt.

When Catherine sees other girls of her age getting bold and speaking their minds, she just wished to be like them but she knew she couldn't.
It wasn't in her to be voice her opinions all the time.
Guess that was why Ace enjoyed toying with her.

Hailey showed Catherine the changing room where she later kept her backpack and also tell Catherine everything she needs to know about Montego hotels.

After the end of her shift, she got $15, it can't be that hard after all, she thought.

Oh she thought wrong!

The next day was Monday and her first period will be English. Mrs Baldwin's class is one of the classes she dreaded most.
Out of almost 40 students that were always inside her class she usually prefer pointing out all the students in her class, Catherine doesn't understand if it was out of admiration for her school records or if she have a bottled up hatred for her.

She sighed softly and brought out her English text book and her homework, unfortunately she will have to go to bed late because she hasn't done her homework yet!

***

Catherine was sitting in a secluded place where she knew none of the students will be wandering off to and decided to study there. One of the major reasons why she was there was also because of Ace.

Fucking Ace, thank goodness he hasn't disturb her for a few days now.

She was reading a romance book she bought at a book store on her way to school earlier that morning.
Catherine loves reading, especially romance books and sometimes werewolf books too. This particular book in her hand has been out in the market for over a year but she couldn't afford to buy it because her budget was very low, thankfully she can now afford one because of her new job.

Someone snatched the book out of Catherine's hand and she shouted in fright.

She looked up and was met with a pair of amused eyes. It was that of none other but Anitra Steel.

He glanced down at the book in his hand and he chuckled. "I pictured you as a romantic kind of girl and I was right, After we collide? What really happened in this book?" Anitra asked, his eyes flashing with interest.

"Please give it back, I just bought it." Catherine whispered softly, Anitra stared at the book for sometime before handing it over to Catherine.
Catherine was grateful as Anitra returned the book to her, it seems like Anitra Steel isn't like Ace Hampton.

Anitra pushed his hands inside his pants pocket and smirked. "Tell me about yourself, Catherine Meyers. I find you... interesting." He said.

Catherine already heard about his history with Ace and she knew that Anitra was only talking to her because he saw that Ace is interested in her.

She wasn't a fool and she knew it.

"You are only talking to me because you know it will piss off, Ace." Catherine said and scoffed. "Please stay away from me."

Anitra chuckled and responded, "You are right, I just want to get close to you because of Ace." He deadpanned and raised his eyebrows. "But I'm genuinely curious about the girl that got Ace's monsters out of their leash."

T.b c