Chapter 95

95

Catherine was wearing a lose jeans trouser and one of Ace's t-shirt. She sat before the vanity mirror putting on her lip gloss as some of the servants pull out their luggages.

They will be returning to London that same day and she was just getting ready. Ace left for his Mom's room 30 minutes ago and she was still waiting for him to get back to her.

The door was pulled opened and Ace walked in. Catherine stared at him through the mirror and cocked her head to the side, scrutinizing him as he walked up to her.

“You ready, Butterfly? We don't have much time.” He said as he grabbed  his hair brush from the vanity.

Catherine packed her make-up kits inside her make-up bag and stood up from the chair, she turned around to face Ace and smiled lovingly at him, her eyes almost closing. “Ready. What did you talk about with your Mom?” She asked her, she walked towards the bed and grabbed her handbag then straightened herself.

“Just school stuff and our security of course,.” He responded and took her hand in his. “We should get going, it is 11:46 a.m already.”

Ace took her hand and led her out of the room. As they climb down the staircase Catherine couldn't help the erratic sound of her heartbeat. She felt uneasy.

“Are you okay, Butterfly?” Ace asked, his eyes searching her face. “Your face is flushed and you don't seem like you're here with me."

Catherine squeezed her eyes shut and took in a deep breath. “I am fine.” She whispered to him.

When they got outside the house she saw their bags getting put inside the car trunk.

She brought out her phone from her bag and dialed her mother's number. “Ill just make this call quick.” She said to Ace, who gently nod his head. Catherine stepped aside as she await her mother to pick up.

"Hello," Her mother answered her.

"Good day, Mom." She greeted and pressed her lips together. "I forgot to call you last night, Mrs Hampton sent me a message to deliver to you."

The other end of the call was silent and after a while her mother cleared her throat. "What is it?"

“ I hate having bad press associated with my family's name, Catherine and your mother is doing just that. Very soon you will be mentioned and the Hamptons name will get brought up. I want this case to be quick and done with, I'll lend her some of my legal team. Tell her that. That was what she said." Catherine responded.

"Tell Veronica Hampton that I can fight my own battle. I don't need help." Her mother spats angrily.

"Mom!" She whispered yelled. She couldn't understand why her mother would react like that when Veronica Hampton was only trying to help out.

She saw absolutely nothing wrong with it.

“What? It is true. She look down on me. Just because she is Veronica Hampton doesn't mean shit.” Mrs Meyers said. Catherine glanced at Ace who raised her eyebrows at her but she shook her head.

"Mom, you and I almost died because of that man. Your husband and Mrs Hampton's husband died because of him. Things went all wrong because of him. If Mrs Hampton want to help them she have every right to do, it is her right." She snarled, Catherine started walking towards Ace and placed her hand on top of him. "You are really infuriating, Mom."

After saying her last words she hung up the phone. Ace chuckled softly and tightened his hand around her waist. Catherine didn't even know when his hand got to her waist.