Chapter 88

88

As the wedding preparations were going on, Catherine was also busy sending invitation cards to some of her college friends.

Mrs Meyers flew in to New York two days ago and she has also been helping her with the preparation.

"Miss, someone is here for you." Margaret said to Catherine who was sitting inside the living room with Talia.

She glanced at Talia and raised her eyebrows. She wasn't expecting anyone and if it were to be her fiance, Margaret wouldn't have to announce his presence.

"Who is it?" She queried. Margaret stepped back and the visitors came forward.

Both Catherine and Talia gasped at the same time upon seeing the visitor.

A popular Versace designer.

"Good day, Miss Meyers. Mrs Hampton sent me to deliver this to you." The designer uttered politely.
Catherine stood up from the couch and cleared her throat.

"The wedding gown? The gown?" She asked.

"Yes, Miss Meyers," the designer dropped the huge box on the ground and opened it. She gently picked up the dress with the help of her fellow.

"Adorned with over 10,000 crystals, your wedding dress is one of a kind. My team and I made sure to give you the very best and I hope you like it."

Catherine covered her mouth with her palm and giggled uncontrollably. Like a schoolgirl.
The dress was still folded and she couldn't see it very well but she could tell that it was beautiful.

The woman placed back the dress inside the box and brought out four inches white heels.

"For you." She said and handed over the shoes to Catherine.

"Margaret, can you please call Mom? I would like her to see this." She said and Margaret rushed out of the living room.

"This is so beautiful. I love it." Catherine mumbled under her breath. "Thank you for the job well done. I appreciate your effort."

"Congratulations, on behalf of our company." Said the designer with a smile before turning around and walking out of the house.

Immediately the visitors left, Talia rushed towards the box.
"Wait a fucking minute, did aunt Veronica really paid for this? Wow!" She stated in total bewilderment. "This is so beautiful."

Catherine herself was speechless.
She just didn't know what to say.

"What is the commotion all about? I was having a nice nap." Mrs Meyers groaned as she climbed down the stairs.

"Mom! Come and take a look. My wedding dress just arrived and it's…. It's just so pretty!" Catherine screamed and twirled around on her flip flop. "I'm so blessed, Mom."

"I've got to see it first before stating my opinion." Her mother said and walked towards the large box.

"It is indeed beautiful. I see that Veronica Hampton is all out to make this wedding a trending headline. This must have cost millions." She said and frowned. "I should also get you something expensive. I can't have her being the one in charge of everything."

Catherine and Talia giggled softly and Mrs Meyers glared at them.

"Laugh all you want, kids. I love seeing y'all happy."

******
"My wedding dress arrived earlier today," Catherine said to Ace as she sipped on her glass of wine while kicking her legs inside the water.

Ace swam towards her and grabbed his towel from her. He wiped his face and head that was dripping wet and then sat down beside her.