Chapter 73

~How can I rest when you're slipping away from me~

Catherine's POV:

At first I didn't know what to say. I just kept staring at him while he acted as if I wasn't there.

"You are getting married." I whispered softly. He looked into my eyes and cocked his head to the side.

"Why? You don't want me to get married?" He queried.

No, I don't!

But how can I say that to him?
I have no right over him anymore.

"I am sorry." I whispered and advance towards him again. This time he didn't stop me from placing my hand on his chest. "Forgive me Babe. Please. Your butterfly is sorry."

He lost it when I referred to myself as his Butterfly.

He grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me closer to him, so close that our chest was touching.

"My Butterfly? What right do you have to utter such words? You're a fucking bitch for saying that to my face!" He bellowed and pushed me away from him.

I gasped. My hands covering my mouth as I couldn't believe what was happening.

The last time Ace used force on me was back in highschool. I couldn't bear seeing him like that again.

"Baby." I called.

"Why are you here, Catherine? And how did you know where I live?" He questioned. " You better give me a good answer before I throw you out."

As it gotten to this?

I wipe my tears with the back of my hand and smiled sadly.

"I thought we were soulmates, I thought we were made for each other. I never thought you would be getting married to someone else that isn't me, Ace." I muttered and he chuckled.

"I have never seen a more shameless human being. You broke up with me. You left me countless times. I fought for you but you couldn't fight for me. I only go where I am needed. You have no place in my life again." He said and pointed towards the door. "You may leave."

I stood there staring at him, my eyes blurred with unshed tears.

I couldn't move.
I couldn't bear to believe that it is over.

"A...... Ace." I whispered and broke into tears. "Don't..... Don't leave me Ace. I can't live without you. I can't be without you. I will fight for you..... For us. I love you so much."

He turned his back at me and walked towards his cabinet.

"Please leave."

My lips trembles and I shake with sobs.

It seems like I don't have a chance with him any more.

I did this to myself.

"I will see you again when the flowers bloom." I said then turned around and walked out of his apartment.

When I got inside the elevator, tears rushed down my face.

It is over.

Everything is over with.

I've lost Ace and I'm about to lose my father's company as well.

I couldn't drive in my state of mind so I called Anitra.

"Where are you?" He asked me.

"Outside Ace's apartment building." I retorted.

"I'll be there shortly. Don't move until I get there." He told me.

*****

I placed my head on Anitra's shoulder as I cried my eyes out.

When Anitra came in a taxi and pick me up with my car, he couldn't believe what he saw.

He told me that I looked so messed up.

"Do you want to drink some water?" He had asked me and I shook my head.

When Anitra picked me up I told him to take me to his apartment.
I couldn't return home looking like this.

I couldn't bear the shame.

We were both silent.
I didn't know what to say except from crying.

It hurts.

It felt as if I just broke up with him and logically it is true.
I just broke up with him, or should I say he just broke up with me.

I closed my eyes and chuckled softly.

I can't believe this.

"Why did you chuckled?" Anitra queried.

"I am tired of crying, Anitra." I said and stared blankly at a space. "Why should I cry? I have no right to cry when I am the reason why we are here in the first place."

"You were scared, Catherine. Stop blaming yourself for what happened." Anitra said and I sighed.

"Who then should I blame? Ace?"

"No darling, blame destiny that made it this way. It is not the end of the road yet. You'll find a guy that will love you more than you could ever imagined."

I don't believe.

I don't believe that I'll find a love greater than what Ace and I shared.

What we had was special.

It was magical.
Even when we were confused our heart still draw closer to each other.

There will be no other man for me.

"He doesn't love me anymore, Anitra. He called me a bitch! He.... He pushed me."

In five days, Ace will be married to that woman.

I don't even know what I feel right now.

°°°°••°°°°°°°°°°°

When I got home later that night Mom and Talia were sitting down on a couch inside the living room.

They both stood up immediately I walked inside the living room.

"Where on Earth have you been and why was your phone switched off?" Mom asked me.

I walked slowly towards a couch and sit down.

"You went to Ace." Talia was the one that said this.

Mom walked up to my side and sat down beside me.

"Sweetheart, you went to him? Why would you do that?" Mom asked.

I don't know why I went.

Maybe I just needed a closure.

"A date has been fixed, Catherine. Invitations are being sent in and outside the country. Just give up on him already." Mom told me.

"What was your response to her? The 6 hours is up." I told her and she nodded.

"I am selling the company to Veronica Hampton. Only she can save the company now. I'll be signing the ownership to her tomorrow."

I lost Ace. I also lose my father's company.

What a great day to be alive.