Chapter 53

EPISODE 53

Catherine's POV:

Mom left.

She let me make a decision to with follow her to London or wait for two more days before a private jet come and pick me up.

I chooses to stay behind.

I had to choose,  I had to do what I got to do.

I couldn't just leave just like that, I have life here I am friends here.

I didn't have enough time.

it's about time I tell my friends that I'll be leaving, my heart is heavy.

I'm hurt.

I don't know what to do,  I don't know how to go about this, I am very sad, very very sad but I can't do anything about it.

But I just can't keep living here in America when I have a home.... a legacy to protect in London.

It  just can't happen and I hope that my heart realise this and my friends too.  I just hope so.

It was just me and Margaret and 1 bodyguard that mum left for me in the house, everywhere  seems so calm and it's hits me again that mum has left me here all alone,  even though I don't blame her it still hurts.

I sat down at the poolside wearing a red Victoria secret bikini that mom bought for me. It hugged my curvy body perfectly while I sip on my drink.

I had called Ace earlier and he said he would come when he's less busy.

I have been waiting for him for a while now but he isn't here.

I rather stay beside the pool, under the sun than thinking about something that will affect my health.

I pulled down my sunglass from my eyes and stared directly at the sun then quickly looked away.

Yes.

I needed the burn.

I was lonely. I wanted to go outside but I had to wait until Ace call me. I had to.

***

Ace walked out of the house with the key to his Tesla in his hand.

As soon as he walked towards the car, he was stopped by Mike.

"Where are you going all alone?" Mike inquired. Ace wiggles his eyebrows and sighed angrily.

"I'm going out and i don't need your company. I will be fine by myself." Ace responded and unlocked his car. Mike grabbed the car door before Ace could pull it opened and shook his head.

"Mrs Hampton gave me a strict warning not to let you out all alone." Mike insisted. Ace groaned frustratedly and brushes his hand on his hair.

"Are you going to follow me to Catherine's house? Are you going to watch me kiss her, fuck her and own her? Are you ready to watch? Are you a voyeur?" He questioned and Mike bursted into laughter. He placed his hand on his lower stomach and threw his head back while laughing out loudly.

"You are a problem, Ace Hampton." He said after a while. "Your mother would kill me if he finds out that I'm not with you."

"Don't worry. She wouldn't know." Ace replied and winked at him before stepping inside his car.

He drove out of the compound and brought his phone out from his pants pocket and dialed Catherine's number.

"Hey Babe." She greeted him and he smiled.

"Hey butterfly, I am on my way to pick you up." He said.

"Yeah, okay. I'll be ready before you get here." Catherine said and hung up the phone. Ace dropped the phone and smiled.

He has been smiling since he found out about Catherine which was unusual of him, but it is what it is.

When he got to Catherine's house, he parked his car in front of the gate and texted her.

' I'm here, come out.'

He sent the message and pressed his back against his Tesla.

Not long later Catherine walked out of the house wearing a black Jean trouser and a white crop top. She was also wearing a black crochet on her feet.

Ace watched as she walked up to him and raised her tip toes then kissed him.

"I'm not late am I?" she asked, her eyes staring directly to that of Ace's.

He smiled and wrapped his hand around her waist then pulled her closer to himself.

"No, you're not late, butterfly." Ace said and  brushed his lips against hers.

"Where are we going?" Catherine asked him. He released his hold from her body and grinned, his boyish charm resurfacing behind that hard and dark look of his.

"You'll see." He responded and opened the passenger's side for her. She thanked him and stepped inside the car. Ace walked around the car and climbed inside the car then closed the car door behind him.

He put on his seat belt and so did Catherine before driving off.

Earlier after he got a call back from Catherine, he had already arranged something quickly.

He wanted to share a part of himself that he never shared with anyone else with her.

The car stopped at the far side of Riverside woods and he got down from the car.

Catherine climbed down as well,  her eyes glancing around the tall trees and narrow road.

"Where is this place?" Catherine asked. Ace could feel her nervousness and that was the last thing he wanted. He took her hand in his and squeezed ever so lightly.

"You will see." He assured her and started walking towards the woods.

Catherine still wasn't sure about what was going on. She glanced around the part they took and her legs trembled.

She trusted Ace. She trusted that he wouldn't do anything to hurt her but her instinct failed to understand that and the only thing shd could think of is the thought of running.

"Calm down, butterfly." Ace whispered into her ear and she nodded.

They came to an halt in front of a river. The stream wasn't the only thing that caught her attention but also the table set beside it and the covered meals with roses and shit.

She couldn't believe her eyes.

He went all out for her.

"You did this for me?" She questioned, her voice barely audible but he caught it.

"Yes, and so much more to come. My sweet butterfly." He whispered and bite her earlobe.