Chapter 101

101

"Is that true?" Veronica Hampton asked and Ace hummed softly.

" We visited the hospital earlier today and the doctor made it known to us." He responded calmly and glanced at Catherine. "Do you want to speak with her?"

Catherine shook her head frantically but Ace casually shrugged his shoulder.

She still found it extremely hard to make a conversation with Veronica Hampton.

"Yes, of course. Put her through." She uttered. Ace handed over the phone to a shaky Catherine and she took it, just then Anitra walked out of the kitchen.

"Hello, Mother." She greeted her.

" Ace told me that you're pregnant." Veronica Hampton said and Catherine nodded.

" Yes, "

"I am glad." Veronica Hampton uttered softly which threw Catherine off guard. She wasn't expecting such response from her. "A young Hampton. It has been long overdue. Congratulations on your pregnancy, Catherine Hampton. I'll send a professional nurse down to London that will always look after you and make sure that my grandchild is healthy. Don't forget to stay away from stress and only focus on getting through your pregnancy period safely, understand? "

" Yes, Mother. Thank you. "Catherine said and smiled widely. " I appreciate your concern."

"Alright, give the phone to Ace Hampton." Catherine handed back the phone to Ace and stood up from the couch. She walked over to Anitra who was standing against the wall and took two slices of apple from the platter he was carrying.

"I can't believe that I'll soon be an Uncle." Anitra said as they walked inside the dining room.

"And I'm confident that you'll be the best uncle in the world, Anitra." Catherine took him and squeezed his shoulder. "This look so yummy! I feel like eating everything."

Anitra chuckled softly as he dishes out some portion of food and veggies for her.   "I know that you're craving for a lot of things right now but you have to watch how you eat, Babe." He said and placed a plate of fried rice with tone of vegetables and shrimps with chicken thigh on it.

"Thank you for the food." She whispered softly as she dig on the chicken first with her cutleries.

"Can't even wait for me, Butterfly." Ace frowned as he walked inside the dining room and sat down beside her.

He turned to face her and smile. "Mother seems very happy about the announcement." He said and Catherine nodded her head.

"That's right. She was very concern about me and even congratulate me. I am happy." She said as she eat. "She said that she's sending a nurse for me."

"That's good. I'm hoping that this child will bring the both of you close to each other." Ace whispered and pushed a strand of hair away from her face. "It is time for you to cut your hair, don't you think? It's getting hard to wash."

Catherine touched her hair and sighed. Her hair was already touching her butt when let down, apart from the fact that it is hard to wash, it was also heavy.

"Yes, I think you should cut it, Catherine. Bra length is a good length." Anitra chipped in.

"Okay everyone, I've heard y'all. I'm going to cut it. I might even dye it." She said and Ace's eyes widened.

"Don't even think of it, Butterfly. I love your golden hair natural." Ace blasted and she busted into laughed.  She hits his shoulder lovingly and shook her head.

"I was just playing around with you, silly." She laughed.

"A Hampton doesn't joke, Catherine. Ace is no different from his mother and that is why he had the nickname 'VH Jnr." Anitra exposed.

*****

Ace, Catherine, Anitra and Kisa were sitting inside Anitra's apartment when Catherine decided to FaceTime Talia.

"Oh my goodness! Babe I thought it is only you." Talia laughed as she tried to cover up. She was on the bed on top of someone and her upper body was bare.

"Sorry girlfriend, I didn't know you'd pick up on top of your man." Catherine said and winked at her.

Talia laughed nervously as she wrapped the duvet around her chest and sat down on the bed. " Hi guys!" She waved. Liam sat down beside her and looked through the screen, his hair rough and the stumble around his jaw obvious.

"If it isn't the Alpha 2." He said and chuckled. " Hi, sister in-law."

Catherine waved at him and smiled.

"You look a mess man, is Scott not treating you right?" Ace asked, a serious expression obvious in his face.

"Or maybe NYU isn't treating you well. Come down to London, man." Anitra chipped in.

"Hampton you should worry about your wife, I'm treating my man just as he deserves." Talia threw back and glanced at Catherine who was already having headache from their banter.

"Are you okay girlfriend?" She asked and Catherine nodded. "You look like you need to get in bed this minute."

"Don't be silly, I'm fine." Catherine said and glanced at Ace.

" Ace, does your woman have something to tell us?" Liam asked.

"She'll tell you if she have something to say."Kisa said and Liam frowned. There was still some awkwardness with Kisa, but for Anitra's happiness everyone were trying as much as they could to let go of the past and focus on the future.

"Okay," Liam uttered.

" Guys, Ace and I are expecting our first baby." Catherine announced and Talia screamed so loudly that the laptop screen almost crack.

"Bitch! Bitch! Tell me it is not a lie, bitch. This is the best news of the year! I'm going to be an aunt. Damn!" Talia screamed out curse words excitedly.

"It is true. And to celebrate I'll like to invite the both of you to our vacation house in London here for the weekend."

"Of course we will be there. Ain't nothing stopping me from coming, girlfriend. I'm so happy for you." Talia smiled and glanced at Liam. "Love you, girlfriend."

The best kind of love is having the people you love and cherish be there for you during the good and bad times. Her friends are the epitome of what true friendship is all about and she wished for double blessings for each and every couple amongst them.

She finally got her happy ending and she hope and pray that Talia and Liam and Kisa and Anitra would get theirs.

Love is a beautiful thing when it is with the one who is your soulmate.

THE END NO EPILOGUE.
I want to make the ending as sweet as possible so no epilogue to spoil the good moment 😀.

Thank you for following me through this book and loving it. Please support my book "Kidnapped By The Alpha King" here in GoodNovel, it will have daily updates as well so don't miss out.

Good bless you 💖