Chapter 40

EPISODE 40

Catherine's POV:

I left Ace at the hallway and walked back inside the hall. Immediately i walked in, i met Talia at the front door.

"I saw Ace taking you away, are you alright?" She asked me and I nodded my head.

"Yes, I'm good." I responded.

She looked beautiful in her red gown and ponytail hair.

"Come, let's dance." She said and grabbed my hand then led me to the dance floor.

"Who is your date." I asked her as we dance the night away.

She smiled and glanced around the room.

"I came here with Liam." She told me.

Liam? Liam Wesley? Ace's best friend?

"Are you dating Liam?" I asked her.

"Just because he was my date doesn't mean we're dating. Are you dating Ace yourself?"

She had a point.

"Whatever, you know that Ace and I have a very twisted relationship and can't be compared with that of yours and Liam.

I've never seen the two of you talking before so how did he end up being your date?  how did this happened?  tell me what's going on, I need to know,  I want to know every little details about it so be fast and tell me." I said to her and she chuckled.

"Don't worry, I will tell you everything later, but right now let's just dance the night away." She told me.

We kept on dancing and dancing for a while before I excuse myself to go outside and have some fresh air.

Ace is yet to approach me so i don't know where he is.

I walked outside the school and Stan beside a car parked up front.

I rest my back against the car and brought out my phone from my purse.

I turn on my wifi and open my Instagram.

There were a lot of pictures posted by my schoolmates.

Damn, I'm yet to take one.

I continued scrolling down my news feed when i felt like someone was watching me.

I glanced around the place I was standing but couldn't see anyone. It was dark and I can't even see the person passing by two feet away.

"Who is there? Hello?" I asked, my hand started trembling and my leg couldn't move from it's position.

"Who...  is that?" I stammered.

I turned on my phone's flashlight and walked forward.

I saw a written note on top of the car in front of me and I picked it up.

'On your 18th birthday, you're going to receive a document, don't sign it.'

What is all this?

What the hell is going on?

Shit be happening to me as if you are in a horror  movie.

"Who are you! Who the hell are you? Show your fucking botched up face and stop playing silly games!" I shouted frustratedly.

But no one came.

What kind of hide and sick is this?

"What are you doing all alone here?" A voice asked from behind me. I quickly hide the note inside my purse before turning around to face Anitra.

"For how long have you been here?" I asked him.

He smirked and walked closer to me.

"I was just coming outside, what's up?" He questioned, I swallowed the lump in my throat and shook my head.

"No, it's nothing." I answered.

He brushed my hair behind my ear and wiped the side of my lips.

"Did you got kissed?" He asked me, I pushed his hand away from my lips and stare at the ground.

"I am right, you got kissed but by who? Who kissed you?" He asked me.

I felt disrespected. I hate it when people try to know shit about me, I hate it when people try to know when or where I lost my virginity even though I still am a virgin, I hate it when people try to know what I do with my body, irrespective of whom it is, I hate it.

"It has nothing to do with you," i said and walked away from him but he soon catch up with me and grabbed my hand.

"Come on, I wasn't trying to be a jerk or disrespectful." He said and placed his hand on my cheek. "You look beautiful as usual tonight."

I smiled and wipe my hand on my dress.

"you came here with her even when you knew that Ace will be mad at you? Why? I thought you wanted to mend your friendship." I asked him.

He rested his back against the car and sighed softly.

"I don't see anything bad in what I did, they broke up and Kisa is now single,  she can do whatever she wants. Ace on the other hand have you as his date, if he felt angered by seeing me and Kisa then he's just jealous." He said plainly.

I just don't understand why two friends would have grudges against each other for more than two years without any hope of reconciling,  what is the issue?  you can't let a woman who isn't even guilty or apologetic about what she did be the reason for your fall out with your best friend,  that's crazy.

And I don't blame Ace, I blame the two of them for not handling the issue with sense.

I guess there ego was just hurt and none of them was ready to apologize,  none of them was ready to mend their relationship back to what it used to be.

"Before I forget, you still owe me a dance and a picture so let's go inside and dance the night away." He told me.

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Okay you got me, but I have to let you know that I'm not a good dancer and you have to teach me how to dance." I told him with a smile on my face.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I won't let you fall."

****

*UNKNOWN*

It is time.

The evil that's been going on for years now is about to come to an end and the truth is about to be unveil.

I hope that she is ready and strong enough to taken Veronica Hampton, if not, I would have to come in.

Tonight Veronica is going to know about our existence and tonight Catherine Meyers lovey dovey self will learn the hard truth of mine and power.

Tonight she's going to find out who is on her side, who is trying to protect her and who is trying to end her.

Tonight she is going to crossover to the bright side of life, in less than three days, her real enemies will unveil themselves.

The battle is about to begin.

T.b.c

Please vote and comment 💕

Eroticmama...