Chapter 67

67

Anitra's POV:

When Anitra arrived at New York after two years, his plan was to cause chaos in Riverside Highschool. All he wanted was to piss Ace Hampton off. To tick him off.

And then he noticed Ace's unusual obsession towards the golden hair English girl.

Anitra was excited about this. Excited to know Ace's weakness. His plan was to use Catherine against Ace but as time goes by he found himself completely enamored with her.

She was what he didn't expected. He didn't expect her to be submissive and feisty at the same time.

She threw him completely off guard and for a long time he didn't know what to do with her.

He felt confused, and he wasn't the type of guy to get confused easily.

Before he realized what was going on, the girl has completely captured his affection.

He started seeing her more than just Ace's weakness and started seeing her as someone he wants to keep closer to himself, someone he wants to make friends with.

Catherine Meyers is someone he wants to have close to him, someone he wants to console during her hard time and soft time.

As he stood in front of her apartment waiting for her to open the door he couldn't help but think of how she might be feeling at the moment.

He knocked on the door again, his hand clutching on the brown paper bag and pizza box on his hand.

The door was pulled opened a little and he pushed at it then walked inside.

He closed the door behind him, watching Catherine walk right back to the living room. He removed his shoes and slipped his feet inside the flip flop beside the door.

"What are you watching?" He questioned as he dropped the pizza box on the table and sat down on the couch.

"Bridgerton." Catherine responded casually.

Anitra got up from the couch and sat down on the floor beside her. His eyes fixed on her "I saw the show once, the season 1 of course and it was good."

Catherine smiled and chanced a glance at him,  "Who was your favorite character? At this point I think I'm getting into the Duke of Hastings."

Anitra for sure doesn't remember much about bridgerton, but just to make Catherine happy and take her mind off somethings, he was making conversations about the show.

"Daphne was my favorite character. She's fierce and submissive at the same time just like someone that I know and she go for what she wants." He replied. He stood up from the ground and walked around the house, looking for her kitchen.

When he found it he brought out two plates from her cabinet and walked back inside the living room.

"Do you think I am a bad person, Anitra?" Catherine questioned, her teary eyes staring at Anitra, waiting..... Urging him to respond.

Anitra put two slice of pizza inside a plate and placed it in front of her then do the same thing for himself before sitting back on the floor.

"Why do you ask?"

Catherine sighed softly, she took a bite of the pizza and closed her eyes, savoring the taste.

"I left him, I left him at the time when I should have fought for us, the time when I should have proof that I can stand by him no matter what. Now look at me, at this point I might drop out of Harvard since I can't afford it anymore." Catherine said and sighed again. She couldn't bring herself to cry.

She just felt numb.

Everything was just confusing to her.

Anitra wrapped his hand around her shoulder and pulled her closer to his chest.

"I'm here for you whenever you need me." He whispered into her ear and she started crying.

She was crying so loudly that he didn't even know how to console her.

"I don't think you're a bad person Catherine. You're just clueless and scared. I hope that a time will come when you'll be bold to stand up for your heart." He whispered. Catherine placed her head on his shoulder, her body shaking from her cries.

She doesn't have time and she knows it. Sooner or later Ace will tie the knot with Chelsey Black and then she'd lose him forever.

*****

Catherine's POV:

Are you sure you don't mind staying? I have two spare rooms." I said to Anitra who was already putting on his shoes.

I hate that he was going back to his apartment. He has been here since five hours ago and now that he's leaving, I didn't want him to leave.

Firstly because I was already missing him and secondly because it was midnight.

I didn't want him to drive to his apartment so late.

"Why don't you want to stay?" I asked again.

"Why do you want me to stay." He throw back the question at me.

"Because it's late?"

"Is that suppose to be a question for me?" He asked with a raised eyebrows.

I squeezed my face and groaned. "Fine, apart from that I'm missing you already."

He chuckled softly and walked towards me.

"You are cute when you act like this." He whispered and kissed my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow after class."

"Goodnight." I whispered.

"You too."

And then he opened the door and left.

I stood in front of the closed door, staring at it for a while before going back to my living room.

We watched bridgerton together and talked about my family's ongoing crisis.

I didn't expect him to help me financially.

I mean... He's just a college student as of now. I don't expect him to put hundreds of millions of pounds on my hands.

I would have freaked out if he did.

All I needed was emotional support and he gave it to me.

There is only one person I can run to in this situation.

I'll let go of my shame.

I'll let go of my pride and seek him out tomorrow.

I can't act like everything is fine when it isn't anymore.

I am going to go to him and beg on my knees if I have to.