Chapter 68

68

Ace's POV:

"Aunt Veronica called me last night to ask me about our wedding arrangements and how we want it. I told her that I have to discuss them with you first." Chelsey said.

I picked her up from her apartment some minutes ago and together we are driving to school.

Chelsey wasn't as bad as I thought she was when I first met her.

In fact I found out that we might have a lot in common.

She is a strong woman, something I expected of her since she's from a wealthy family. She is ruthless, something we share in common as well.

As the day went by I realized that she wasn't as bad as I thought.

No matter what I think I can't avoid this marriage.

I was able to make a choice with Kisa, mother will not let me do that again.

I won't even talk about it.

Thanks to Catherine Meyers, the girl I fell stupidly in love with over the years, now I don't have a choice. Now I have to put up with a girl I don't feel anything for.

Who cares about love anyway, love is overrated. Love means nothing.

Love ain't shit.

"We will talk when we get back from school, over lunch." I responded and she hummed.

I parked my car at the parking lot and got out, Chelsey walked to my side of the car and I took her hand in mine.

"I have two hours class, what about you?" She inquired.

" Same thing, I'll see you in two hours." I said and kissed her lips before walking away.

I walk inside my class and sat down at the empty seat that I could find. Someone sat down at the empty seat beside mine but I couldn't care enough to look at the person.

But something made me look. The scent.

All her.

Catherine.

I glanced up from my book and our eyes collided.

She looked..... Different. Sad.

"Hey." She whispered softly and I nodded my head. She scrunched up her face as if she was holding herself back from crying.

"Good afternoon class, today we will look at the human anatomy."

While the class was going on. Catherine slide a piece of paper to my desk.

I glanced at her then at the paper before picking it up and opened it.

'Meet me at the football field after class, please'

******

Catherine's POV:

I watched his face goes blank.

I didn't want to push my luck but I was hoping that he would at least be considerate of our past relationship and give me a chance.

I was hoping.

As I sat down on the bench at the football court I wondered if he would show up.