Chapter 89

"You are the love of my life"

Chapter 89

Sweet and fluffy chapter that will make you fall in love. A must read!
****************************

Catherine stared up at Mr. Scott in a surprised manner, her mouth voluntarily opened softly and her eyes smiled. She was surprised. She wasn't expecting Talia's Dad to volunteer to walk her down the aisle, he was going to give her off to Ace.

It might not mean much to people with their fathers but to her it meant so much.

She wanted to be sure that she wasn't hearing wrong or even hallucinating.

But it was real.
Talia's father was there,in front of her.

"Thank you, Sir." She whispered softly and glanced at Talia for help. " I really don't know how to appreciate you." She laughed nervously as one of the maids around her straightened her gown.

"You're like a daughter to me, it is my duty to see that you're happy on this day." Mr. Scott retorted calmly and took her hand in his, covering it with his second palm. "Let's go and meet your husband now."

*****
Ace was waiting patiently in front of everyone inside the hall, his eyes fixed on the door.

"Be calm, she'll be here shortly." Liam whispered into his ear. Ace subtly nodded his head while staring ahead of him. He was nervous as his eyes glued to the door, waiting for his angel to walk in.

Not long later the door was pulled open, two little flower girls and two little flower boys who were Ace's niece and nephews were walking towards him, splashing flowers on the way. a soft song being sung backstage as they walked in.

When they got to where Ace was standing he smiled at them and concentrated his attention on the door.

A minute later, the hall's lights dimmed, and the flowers that decorated the hall to the altar glowing.

Everyone turned their attention towards the door and when they saw Catherine and Mr.Scott they all stood up.

All eyes turned on her, watching and gasping at her beauty. It was weird and life changing that in less than an hour she would become Ace's wife. Ace let out a deep sigh of relief and subtly nodded his head, he couldn't stop himself from grinning widely.

Yeah, that beauty would soon be his wife.

As Catherine walked down the aisle, her bridesmaids were following right behind her in their cream colored dresses, each of them holding a fairy light stick in their hands.

"I told you," Liam whispered and grabbed his left shoulder then squeezed it.
He watched as she stared up at him nervously through the glowing lights, when they got to where he was standing, Mr.Scott

"Take good care of her, son." Mr. Scott said to him and he nodded his head before taking Catherine's hand.

"I will."

They both gazed at each other's eyes lovingly, Ace gently pressed her hand in his.

The officiant stood before the two of them while they both recited their vows.

"In the name of God, I, Ace Hampton, take you, Catherine Meyers, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until we are parted by death, this is my solemn vow." Ace said his vow while staring deep into her eyes, Catherine sniffed in and smiled.

It was her turn to say her vow.

"In the name of God, I, Catherine Meyers, take you, Ace Hampton, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, for anger or cute, to love and to cherish, for patience and impatience, this is my solemn vow."  She uttered as she tried hard not to shudder.

"By the power bestowed upon me, I hereby declare you husband and wife." The officiant said, " You can now kiss your bride."

Bride.

It seemed like a dream to her until Ace cupped her cheek and kissed her lips softly, leisurely.

The hall was filled with congratulations as the couple stood before all. It was now time to move to the decorated reception area.

*****

"Are you going to wear a pink or white dress?" Talia asked, raising up the two dresses for Catherine to choose.

"The white one," she responded curtly, she straightened herself and closed her eyes.

She was now Catherine Meyers Hampton.
A dream came true.

As they walk out to the golf field that was decorated to Veronica Hampton's taste, Catherine marvels at the people who came to her wedding.
There were a lot of people she had never met before. Big names. Billionaires. Senators.

When Ace saw her, he walked towards her and wrapped his hand around her waist and kissed her forehead.

*****

"Catherine has always been a lovely girl. Her relationship with Ace started as an innocent first love. They loved each other and cared for each other deeply. I remember how I used to go to the neighboring house where Ace lived back in London to search for her whenever I needed her. She has always wished to marry him, to have a family of her own, I'm happy that her dream is slowly coming true and she married her dream man, your father would be proud of you wherever he is." Mrs Meyers said and chuckled. " I love you, sweetheart."

Catherine's eyes turned moist at the mention of her father and Ace rubbed slowly at her lower back.

"Ace has always been a brilliant boy. His IQ is above that of an average human and he is a very determined young man. At the age of 3 he could construct a sentence and put a teenager to shame with his words. He is my son.
At 20 he is already the top student in his department and already married to the one he said he loves. I am happy for you, son. Whatever I do as always has been for you to make it easier, I might not show it often but I love you."

Ace couldn't believe that his mother really said that.
His mother really talks about her love for him.
She really allowed herself to express her love.
Who would have thought that the great Veronica Hampton would sound so emotional and hard at the same time. Talk about being heartless.

Liam talked about their childhood days, Talia talked about how they became friends and Mr.Scott advises the new couple. They cut the cake, toasts and hit the dance floor with classical music being performed in the background.

Ace wrapped his hand around her waist and pulled her to himself as they danced to the music amidst the other people.
"You look beautiful in your dress, wife." He whispered against her ear, his tongue swiping through the outer part of her soft ear.

"And you look good in your suit, husband." She groaned lowly. His lips biting on her earlobe was distracting her.

"Do you want us to go inside, alone?" He queried breathlessly.
She knew what would happen when they got in.  Oh she knew, but damn her if she could resist him.

"Take me away." She responded in a sweet sexy tone.

*******
As the book is slowly coming to an end I've decided to start a Q&A. We will get to know each other so please try to comment and vote🙃

Question of the day: Who is your favorite character in this book?

Let me know in the comments, I'll reveal mine during the next update.

XOXO