Chapter 91

"I can feel your Halo!"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Chapter 91

Catherine and Ace got out of the black Lamborghini after driving inside her mother's compound. She glanced up at the mini mansion in front of her and she couldn't help but smile.

"Let's go." Ace said, he intertwined their hands and led her towards the front door. When they got inside Mrs Meyers was sitting down on a couch, watching a news station on the TV.

"Mom." Catherine called, Mrs Meyers raised her head up and her face lit up in a smile, she was hoping to go to the Hamptons mansion later in the day with her gift but good enough they came around instead.

"I was planning to come to the mansion later." Mrs Meyers said as she stood up from the couch, she kissed Catherine's cheek and hugged her son in-law.

"Ace insisted that we come this morning," Catherine replied and rolled her eyes playfully at him, " How are you doing? I couldn't see you yesterday since we both retired to the bedroom early."

When they went inside the house the other night they both took their shower and slept off. They were so tired that even Veronica Hampton had to let them off.

Catherine sat down on the double soft sofa and tapped on her side for Ace to sit on.

"Yesterday was a historical moment, Ace. You and your mother really pulled a heavy weight. Have you watched the video that your mother posted on her personal Instagram page? It was wild. The wedding of the century." Catherine's mother gushed, she tapped her feet on the ground and fumbled with her purse. "I have something to show the two of you."

Ace and Catherine glanced at each other and back at her mother.

" What is it?" Catherine inquired.

Mrs Meyers stood up from the couch and signal for the both of them to follow her.

*****
"Oh my God, Mom, you shouldn't have done this." Catherine said, her eyes getting watery as she circles the Bugatti Veyron before her.

"We had no expectations, Mrs Meyers, we both know the situation you're in and we understand, this is too expensive." Ace stated but Mrs Meyers waved them off.

" I can't live with the fact that my daughter didn't receive a wedding gift from me." She said and touched Catherine's shoulder, " I want the best for you."

"Thank you, Mom." Catherine wrapped her hands around her mother's waist as tears fell freely from her eyes.

After spending about an hour at Catherine's mother's place, Ace excused himself and left the house.

When Ace got out of his car, the security guards bowed to him curtly. He nodded his head and made his way inside the company. As he passed by the employees they stopped to greet him, if he knew it would be like that he would have worn a baseball cap.

"Is Mom in?" He asked as soon as he got to the secretary's desk.

The secretary quickly got up from her chair and nodded her head, "Yes, Mr Hampton. She is expecting you."

Ace quietly pushed the office door open and locked it behind him.

He made his way further inside the huge office and saw his mother sitting down on a couch with a cup of beverage in her hand, probably coffee since she doesn't like tea.

"I thought you might have forgotten that I demanded your presence here." She said and dropped her cup on a small coffee stool beside her.

"Of course not," Ace retorted and sat down opposite her then crossed his legs, "Catherine and I went to her mother's house and she gave us a Bugatti Veyron as wedding gift."

Veronica Hampton hummed softly and picked up her iPad.

"I actually called you here to discuss the Meyers." She said and placed the iPad on the table then pushed it towards him. " Read that."

Ace picked up the iPad and glanced at the screen, he scrolled through the article and glanced back at his mother.

"What is this?" He asked.

"Your mother-in-law is suing Alex Meyers for allegedly being the cause of her husband's death and her house going up in flames."  Veronica Hampton responded and sighed.

" Wow! She didn't tell us when I was there. I mean, this is good news. That dude needs to be behind bars for what he did." Ace uttered and handed back the iPad to his mother. "Catherine will be happy when she hears this."

" Do you not understand what I'm trying to say? This is not good especially when you just got married into that family, the media will carry this news and you're not safe neither is your wife!" She fumed, " That man is an overambitious human who would go to any length to achieve his aim."

Ace pressed his lips together and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you trying to say, Mom?" He asked. He couldn't  disperse where his mother was going with her words and he was already confused.

"I'll have several bodyguards around the two of you, I am selfish, Ace. I won't let you get involved in whatever Catherine's mother is planning. You'll stay safe and always with your bodyguards."

" But mother…." Before he could say any more words, Veronica raised her hand up, stopping him mid sentence.

"No objection, Ace. You and your wife's safety is my responsibility." She stated and stood up from the couch, she walked around to her huge mahogany desk and grabbed her phone.

"This is ridiculous. My wife and I have nothing to do with whatever is going on and I'm sure that whoever he is won't come looking for us. Sending bodyguards after us is not funny at all."

" Did I say it is funny? Who was the one they were originally after? Wasn't it your wife? I was clearly told that Alex Meyers persuaded her to sign the Company's documents to him and when she refused, he sent her out of his house. He will come after her and you better not joke with it." Veronica Hampton warned. She sat down on her armrest chair and closed her eyes.

Ace stared at his mother for a while not knowing what to say.

"And when he does come after her, what are you going to do?" He questioned calmly.