Chapter 69

69

Catherine's POV:

"Catherine, sweetheart. Are you there? Are you awake? " A voice asked. " I can't believe that you pushed yourself to the point of fainting. This is not good, Catherine. I told you that I'll take care of everything. You need not worry. "

Mom?

I opened my eyes and saw my mother sitting down on a chair beside my bed. A towel and a bowl of water beside her.

I winched and stared at her.

"You're awake." She said happily.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I queried.

"You've been out for twenty four hours, Sweetheart." She responded and touched my forehead with the back of her hand. "Ace Hampton was the one that brought you to the hospital according to the doctors. What happened?"

Ace?

My mind started recollecting what happened.

How he spoke to me like I meant nothing to him.

Maybe I mean nothing to him now.

Tears rushed down my cheeks. My eyes closed.

"Oh dear." Mom said and wrapped her hand around my shoulders. "Heartbreak is hurtful. I'm sorry for whatever it is that happened my dear"

I wish you know how I'm feeling right now Mom.

I wish you now how much i am feeling.

How broken I am how useless I feel.

"What about Ace?  did he leave after you brought me here? Did you meet him here?" I asked.

"I don't know the doctor said that he left after they have contacted me so I didn't meet him here when I have arrived I has left already."

What did I expected? did I expect him to sit down beside my bed and tell me how much he love me?  Did I expect him to say that he have forgiven me?  Did I expect him to say that he's going to help me? He did exactly what I expected him to do; to leave after helping.

But it hurts.

it hurts so much to know that I don't mean much to him anymore,  it hurts to know that he has moved on.

It hurts to know that he is getting married soon, it hurt to know that he doesn't care much anymore.

"I love him Mom. He is getting married...... He.... He is getting married." I hiccupped. My heart beating furiously against my chest. "He doesn't care. I.... I ruined everything. I ruined everything Mom. I ruined it. I..... I ruined everything!"

"Don't be so hard on yourself sweetheart, you will fall in love again this time with the man that is yours, Ace is not meant for you your man will come along very soon." She whispered to my ear.

What does she know?  she knows nothing about my relationship.... about my love life with Ace.

She knows nothing about the trials and tribulations we went through, she had no idea about how hard we worked to keep this relationship together, she had no idea how bad I feel..... How guilty I feel for what happened.

I'm not innocent. I destroyed our relationship with my bare hands and I don't blame him at all, I only have myself to blame.

Now he's not mine.

He is Chelsey Black's.

*****

I went home after staying for a few hours at the hospital.

Mom insisted on taking me home and I had no option than to do what she said. I had no energy to argue with her.

"Oh my poor girl, I heard what happened. How are you feeling?" Margaret asked immediately I walked inside the house with Mom.

"I am doing great Margaret you don't have to worry." I responded.

She shook her head and waved her hand at me.

"Nonsense, I will make you a soup. Just take your bath and relax. You'll be just fine my dear."

"Thank you, Margaret." I whispered softly.

I am grateful to have people that care for me around me.

"I'll be going to the company, make sure you take care of yourself sweetheart. As long as we're alive, we can overcome any trial and tribulations." Mom said and patted my back before walking away.

****

Just like Margaret instructed,  I went to my room and took my bath and Margaret brought me a hot chicken noodle soup which I drank and here I am laying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling.

'i am getting married soon. Maybe next month. I might invite you'

I balled my hand up in a fist. Remembering what he said to me.

He will invite me to his wedding?

Hahaha

What a joke.

What a fucking joke I made myself into.

Chelsey Black.

The one he will be getting married to.

I can't believe it.

I lost.

I lost him because of my carelessness.

I lost him because I was a fool to fight for what I want.

I.....

I have no words for myself.

****

"I can't believe that I'm just hearing about this Katherine I am mad at you why did you tell me Anita I was the one that was telling me about what was going on I had no idea that I had to go and Google your company this is crazy you know you should have at least tell me." Talia said, frowning.

I was just lying down on my bed doing nothing when I got a request for FaceTime from Talia I had no idea that and if you are told her about what was going on because I knew she might not know what's going on since she is and the US and I'm in the UK.

I didn't want her to know what was happening until everything die down but Anitra obviously I has a different plan.

"I didn't think it was necessary to tell you about it. I can't have you thinking about the problem going on in my family,  you have enough on your plate with your relationship with Liam." I told her.

Her relationship with Liam has been taking a lot of tumble for the past few days according to my knowledge and according to what she told me I can't have her thinking about me when she's going through a relationship crisis I know how It feels to be in that situation and I couldn't be selfish to disregard her feelings and tell her what was going on with me.

"Nonsense absolutely nonsense what the hell are you talking about I am your friend I have to be there for you when you're going through things like this this is serious these can determine what your future will look like why do you think you will be doing something bad if you tell me about it you know what I'm coming down today UK tomorrow I have to see you face-to-face." She said and pushed her hair back from her face. "I'm booking the early flights tomorrow and you have to pick me up."

"Okay, Ma'am." I replied and she laughed.